Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

Apparently it is back open again.

I'm no longer interested in this. I just received a beta key if someone wants it, pm me.

Edit: Taken

Is there a linux version yet?

Didn't get to play again this weekend. Had to install the new build which failed near the end of the download. Then when trying again a few times it would fail right away. Restarted and it started installing fine, but failed at the end.

:expressionless:

Ha nice joke. After Doom 2016 there is no hope i believe. Tell me guys how many man hours does it take to port such game. It runs natively in wine. HOW hard can it be?!?!?! Bethesda just dosen't give a fuck and Id can't do anything about it. And over Bethesda there is even zenimax. A bigger cancer.

I mean..... DOOM runs in wine perfectly with native drivers via vulkan, so probably not that hard TBH.

Edit: Like the work to go in to a linux port of DOOM is a vulkan only set of files and a launcher, thats it.

1 Like

Sure is!

I'm not claiming you're wrong... just thought it was funny given the context.

2 Likes

^o^ Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

There was a Linux version. Hmm...

Unfortunately, like many things in Linux, it's not straightforward nor a priority. u_u

That's what i am talking about. League of Legends had a linux client now they don't. Cuz raizins and we don't care.

the movement is horrible. This is not quake.

Fatal1ty likes it I think I'll give it a shot.

he's probably being paid to like it. But by all means, give it a shot, its probably f2p as they're clearly charging money for the classes. If paying to unlock classes is something you think is fine in your competitive multiplayer shooter.

I mean, no. He's on the same beta as everyone else. Theres F2P and things you can buy to be P2P. Then theres an actual game to buy. The differences have not been released yet though.

Why are you always a stoogey pain in the ass? "Oh no everything is awful bleh you're dumb"

Do you actually enjoy anything?

2 Likes

i dislike 1 game and i'm always a stoogey pain in the ass? I'm sorry if the game not running well on my more than capable PC, or me thinking the movement sucks, or having a problem with a model that charges money to unlock characters offends you. Yes, i do enjoy lots of games. I am Setsuna has been quite enjoyable, Breath of the Wild was great, Mario Kart 8 deluxe has been great. In case of shooters, Lawbreakers is still in development but seems quite promising, the progress they've made in the last year has been quite incredible; i enjoyed TF2 quite a bit for quite a long time, Overwatch has great weapon design. I can't say the same for Quake Champions. If this game did not have the Quake IP, no one would care about this game. Bethesda is simply milking the IP by creating a mediocre game and branding it as Quake. The movement is dull, the weapons are dull, the game modes are dull. The paid unlockable classes is an insult to competitive multiplayer. There is nothing going for it other than the Quake brand.

This is not a developer being innovative with their sequel and a fan of the old games hating on the improvements. Name an innovation in Quake Champions. There isn't one. This is a developer avoiding innovation and taking the shortest path to milk an IP.

there's lots of posts in here voicing opinions, and there are several from you that suggest you don't like it. okay, you don't like it. there's nothing suggesting not liking Quake Champions is a sin or that anyone minds you stating your viewpoint. but you've stated it. a lot. repeatedly. it's starting to get to the point where this thread is a peanut gallery rather than an announcement/general opinion thread, and that's not good. OP was to let people know what was going on with the Beta, that was all. nobody specifically forbade discussion or opinions, but repeatedly teabagging on the game is not really what anyone should be doing. if this is a subject you really want to talk about, why not make a thread? present your arguments, people can present theirs, and it doesn't clutter up the thread where people are mainly interested about the Beta.

that's just me, though.

Before the post today, i see 3 posts i made after having played in the game. I talked about differences in experience with optimization, how well the game ran; current balance issues, and how loyal it seemed to the Quake concept. Optimization and balance issues are certainly not uncommon in betas and a game certainly doesn't have to be like Quake to be good in this genre. None were meant to be attacks on the final product.

i had a feeling i had responded to you before, but i'd forgotten. while you yourself may've made three posts, the first 90+ posts i skimmed while looking for our exchange before now, were people unabashedly rubbing their nuts on the game over how awful it is. that's what i'm saying. but while i had forgotten about being involved in the thread before, i'm now just going to mute it due to the fact it's pretty clear people just don't want a discussion or to even state it sucks and leave. which is something i genuinely don't have time for.

@Atatax ... Your opinion is noted. If you've got real complaints about Quake: Champions, voice them in the official beta testing forums.

1 Like