Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

@Atatax You want an award?

@FaunCB Chill out. Or else you get this...

1 Like

I play TF2 that looks like an investment to me.

Well played.

That being said, there's no need to be snarky.

He's bitched me out a lot before. I think I can kick him once while he's down.

In any sense, I'm looking forward to trying QC when its out. I'm between waiting for it to come out and getting Quake Live.

I played today a little. Sadly i still suck. Was so frustrated that i had to go watch some gameplay to compare myseft to others. And then i saw this:

I believe for the beginning months of the games launch bethesda should have PRO players explaingin how to play quake to us. Like an advertisement but informal. If not i fear alot of people will just uninstall. You quickly get the "Like he said" i have a good aim but they just won't die filing.

i wasn't aware this was a safe space for bethesda fanboys.

I'm sure Bethesda have heard all of the things i have mentioned many times over. One more voice wouldn't make a difference. While in here, it seemed almost entirely positive, so just providing a different perspective.

Assertion: Your endorsements mean nothing to me.

Identification: Ad hominem attack.

That says more about your character than it does about his.

UT4 got Zaccubus to do videos.

They also have in-game tutorials if you just want to dive in.

No excuse Bethesda. No excuse!

So edgy.

yep, that buttery smooth gameplay https://youtu.be/02Ikb6B55Qc?t=1378

2 Likes

and yet.... https://youtu.be/02Ikb6B55Qc?t=2659

yeah, he has no idea what he's talking about. Like there is no strafe acceleration in QC, which is a basic part of movement in Quake. So anyone that was good enough to strafe jump would say the movement feels nothing like Quake.

And yet he's valued by millions of people for his knowledge and opinions on video games, especially FPS games on PC. SO WEIRD!

i would say most people value him because he tries to give the consumer the information to make their own decision. I think he is the first person to admit that his opinion is not better than anyone else's.

Popular =/= right. I do love TB, but that's sort of a weak argument. Going to watch the rest later today.

I feel like games are going the same route that movies have been for the last decade. Don't invent something new but remake things that sell and if you can reuse a popular franchise for that ... money!

TB is talking about the wannabe elitists, the pseudo purists demanding something that doesn't work today. I am one of those. And I suck at Quake. TB says pure arena shooters don't work, no one plays Quake live, Reflex Arena and so on. I say: yeah, no one plays games that look like ass. Not even arena shooters should look like Reflex Arena today. Quake live is still QIIIA and that is nearly 20 years old. Is CS 1.6 still competing with current titles?

Overall I agree with some points he made but I still think they shouldn't have used the Quake branding for this game.

No, but CS:Source and CS:GO still had the same problems with elitists yammer on about how 1.6 is the one true CS. Then the world ignored them and moved on.

As someone who is very vocal about my dislike of the Star Trek reboots, no one understands this more than me. But I also understand that the gaming market is vastly different that the film industry. Like you said, Quake III is 20 years old. id/Bethesda would be digging their game an early grave if they didn't target the current gaming market. Even though the average age of gamers is forever increasing, most gamers who will play Quake: Champions have probably never played another Quake game, and they know this.

But you guys are starting to change my mind!

Launches Quake Beta

right, i mean, TB liked Brink and Dirty Bomb and those games bombed

I would say SC and SC2 is a good example of taking a popular old title and doing a good sequel. They changed a lot of things and there was little pushback. I liked SC a lot when i was younger and i didn't have any problems with the changes they made in SC2. Before SC2, you could of made the same argument about starcraft clones that he did about quake clones. That they were all failures, there was no evidence there was a market for it.

You can't blame people for not liking a game. If purists don't think Quake Champions is loyal enough. It is not their fault that Quake Champions didn't appeal to them. Its the devs and the publishers fault and no one else's for not appealing to them. Blizzard made sure sc2 appealed to sc purists. The reason there is this lash back is because id didn't do the same for Quake Champions.