Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

Riva Tuner.

I wasn't recording precise FPS for detailed analysis or anything, I just glanced up in the corner occasionally and my FPS seemed good.

Finally got my beta key. Downloading now...

1 Like

Round II:

I gave iD feedback on their forums, completed a LONG survey and based on questions asked, I made sure to try every option and click every button I could find in the game before playing today so I could provide better beta tester feedback. Many of my previous minor issues have been fixed. Except for the biggest problem. Me.

I suck so bad at Quake Champions that I rage quit halfway through the match. At least last time I finished the game, but this time I knew I was gonna suck going in.

I hope there is something to discourage quitting a match in progress, especially if it's something team-based like CTF or domination. Rage quitters and non-participants are the worst.

Nevermind, non-participants are the worse. In team games they give you a handicap. At least if someone quits, someone else might join the match to fill in...if the game allows that.

2 Likes

I agree.
I make a point to never rage quit in competitive play and I attack non-participants who are on my own team (Wake Up!). But in this case I was not a player, I was a beta tester. I had tested game play previously and knew what to expect. I saw no additional testing issues so I saw no point in hanging around if I wasn't enjoying myself and I was dragging down the team.

Jealous... I didn't get in. Can't wait for the release. I'm looking forward to both the Overwatch modes as well as the classic mode.

CTF was my personal favorite mode on Quake 3, with Rocket Arena mod a close 2nd, with doing 1v1 matches with OSP coming in third.

Hey, I have yet to place anywhere higher than middle of the pack, and most matches I'm at or near the bottom. It's cool man.

Was playing today. The best i could do was 4 place once.

I just got to try it out, know someone that's in the beta. The pace is frenetic and I got owned (both as I expected). Weapons definitely need tuning. I personally prefer Unreal Tournament. There's just some kind of je ne sais quoi about it.

1 Like

I just hope classic mode won't be behind the pay wall. If it is, its going to be a bit more difficult for me to want to support it.

Here we go another round. Servers are online.

2 Likes

I installed last night but it says it won't be online until the 23rd

I don't like the idea of "renting," champions. That really irks me. They should just use League's model where they rotate free champs every week.

1 Like

Well my stats got reset, not sure if that happened to everyone, but still noticing that ranger almost never makes top 3, even higher leveled players (ik that doesn't indicate skill but still). I have a feeling they are going to have a nightmare trying to balance characters. And if they do... well you know what game mode I'll be playing.

I'm playing TDM, but I have got top 3 with Ranger the bulk of my matches tonight. I've also seen him #1 a few times.

I'm enjoying the game for the hour or so I've got to play. I wasn't part of the first beta, so I don't know if it was different game modes or not, but this has been fun. Would have like to have some CTF!

When iD asked for my feedback I requested to keep the competitive / ranked servers as is but add a few casual (n00b mode) non-ranked servers that run at 90% speed. Casual servers will let n00bs learn at a slightly slower pace and might be more fun for feebs like me.

I've seen Ranger in 1st place quite a few times. And with me being that character also. Played it for a couple of hours over the weekend and it's quite fun.

Today i played ranger his teleport is so epic. Made some good moves was 1st till the end where i was rect like 4 times in a row and droped down to 5th place.

I still haven't gotten my email with a key yet :frowning:

Trying to balance characters in a champion-based game is pissing in the wind, just look at any MOBA. They're constantly buffing and nerfing champions and introducing new ones and then promptly nerfing them (same goes for items) but I don't think Overquake will have many of those) because humans are very resourceful and creative and will always exploit things for even the slightest advantage in a competition...so long as it's within the rules/design of the game. And then you have the smaller group who are willing to outright cheat to get ahead.