Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

I should really name my laptop.

2 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t even complain, I just did a tutorial for someone who asked. Maybe others complained? Void became quite popular lately, so shipping with OVMF might have been an issue for users who wanted to PCI-E passthrough. Good to know though.

I usually name laptops after their model number (latitude-e5530, thinkpad-x220 etc.).

I was kind of expecting it to default to that tbh. I tend to name my devices after ships from Science Fiction franchises. Like Nazara, Serenity, Enterprise… Could go with Heart of Gold or something.

1 Like

posted!

4 Likes

updates recently

4 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce if we geta system to 1 year uptime can we get a badge

4 Likes

Let me add one. I like the idea.

6 Likes

The server blade. bought New or got used, if new whats it purpose?

1 Like

Is this easier with an ubuntu server with livepatch stuff? Any alternatives that can do security patches without forcing a reboot?

2 Likes

It’s a used Tower fitted T320. I swapped a motherboard in to make it a T420 (from single cpu to dual socket). The cpus were cheap. RAM was a bit to chew on but worthwhile if I end up with lots of VMs.

As of now it’s more of a experiment. I may migrate over production apps and home serving services. I am just learning and its really way more horse power than I need till I learn more. I’m hoping to run some VMs of different distributions as I learn Linux. I will probably end up moving it to proxmox for that purpose. It’s housing 6 8TB exos drives, a nvme card and a few 2.5in SSDs.

I may have it be a local redundant backup.

2 Likes

nice! should try / go with RHEL8(free now) or a rhel base like Cent or Fedora, a lot of that is “industry standard” and will work across most other distros . Unless the distro in question is one thats not like the other girls cough Gentoo cough

1 Like

And the test platform is up and running

8 Likes

Its insane to see a RISC-V system. Its feels expensive and exotic. Much like :+1:

3 Likes

From BSD Challenge - #224 by Biky

Unfortunately, I’ve been plagued with power outages and I had to also move my servers last spring + updates that required reboots… I only have 81 days of uptime on pfSense and 86 days on my last remaining Proxmox server.

5 Likes

Done.

https://forum.level1techs.com/badges/125/reliable

This is obviously a very manual process. If anyone sees (or posts) an uptime that earns the badge, just @ me or another mod.

6 Likes

CentOS 7 VM host, with ECC doing its job.

8 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce look at that uptime!

@xzpfzxds is this a production VM host, or it’s your personal VM host, just curious.

Edit: I obviously meant host.

3 Likes

Personal, VMs (almalinux) are running mail server, websites and some databases. I’d be more concerned about the ancient kernel if anything other than just QEMU was running on the host, and if untrusted VMs were running underneath :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks interesting, but since I won’t be using this as a desktop I’m kinda happy with the way it is now. I’ve recently restricted the host to 1 core and used the other remaining core to a FreeBSD machine which I intend to host files from, using vfio again to pass a thunderbolt connection.

Set the emulator pins for the 1st core, 2nd core compiling from ports while I was gaming on the remaining machine without any frame rate impact. I really like this. I just wish I had moar coars since 6/12 seems so few now. =(

2 Likes

Humble flex really

4 Likes