Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

It’s fun to be a nerd. We don’t really get to flex on others in the conventional way that society accepts. Anyway, onetime in a discord server that I am in - The TLG Discord Server to be precise - someone accidentally wrote neoflex instead of neofetch. Now it has become an internal meme. I think it should be a more widely accepted meme. So post your neoflexes here with the best hardware you got, or just the hardware you’re most proud of. (If BSD, Mac, or Windows has a neoflex you can post that too; but for now I am posting this under Linux since that is the only one that I am familiar with). Here’s my neoflex:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (hopefully to be a Ryzen 9 5900X soon)
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (hopefully to be a Radeon 6800XT someday)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Gskil Trident Z RGB RAM (hopefully to be 32 Gb once I upgrade my CPU)
  • Distro: Ubuntu 20.10 (my laptop uses Arch btw)
4 Likes

uh-oh. Only 8GB of RAM is showing up… :frowning:

1 Like

Turns out that I used the wrong memory kit. I’ve been trying to repair my friend’s computer, so I have been doing a lot of stuff to try to figure out why it wouldn’t post… guess I found out the answer to that problem. But why the heck did my computer post.

1 Like

The term Neoflex is new to me, I am used to neofetch :eyes:

Either way, here you have with only the TP reporting the resolution wrong because it’s sitting in its docking station right now:

5 Likes

I just made an alias in ~/.bash_aliases:

alias neoflex='neofetch'

That command actually executes neofetch. But it’s sort of an meme because someone made a typo. And flexing on someone with your awesome rice and/or hardware is a pretty good thing for Linux nerds to do

2 Likes

Eh… I don’t care really unless it is some type of hardware setup I aim to build myself.
See the X240 in my neofetch on the right.
It’s my daily driver when not using that desktop PC and I’m happy with how it performs even today :grinning:

1 Like

Haha. I win… I have a corebooted X230… whose firmware I flashed myself :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m new here, but sure. Let me try! Selection_028

4 Likes

based mint mate

I’m new to full timing Linux. I actually rather like Mate.

3 Likes

mate is an old friend. mint is a solid choice. probably one of the best distros to just install and use.

1 Like

I am having a lot of fun with it with the exception of my reason grub install issue. But I am sure I will be able to figure it out at some point.

1 Like

I can help. What’s going on with it?

Also, @floppydrive here’s my X230:

Since I am already using open firmware, I decided to go with Debian since its contrib and non-free repositories are disabled by default.

3 Likes

Sure why not. First new build in 10+ years.
Other window is gotop from AUR for anyone wondering.

4 Likes

I don’t know what this means but ok

6 Likes

I’m a RedHat guy but my virtualization runs Proxmox.

6 Likes

So… does that Debian detect your proper CPU or is it the one qemu uses for GPU-Passthrough also? :eyes:

I ran that from the hypervisor. WYSIWYG

Also I pass the cpu ‘host’ flag to the guests.

2 Likes

3 Likes