Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

Sounds like the perfect dirge for Windows…

1 Like

It’s a good song lol.

1 Like

I was more surprised that neofetch shows the song being played, than the name of the song.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. You just need to uncomment it in the config file. It’s compatible with a lot of different players out of the box.

2 Likes

I’ve used my tech powers to necro this old thing from the grave…

4 Likes

She’s nothing fancy but she gets it done. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I always wanted to build a PC out of my old Octane Workstation, but form factor and other things discouraged me to this day. Maybe I’ll get it from the basement and do it one day. But very nice wallpaper, SGI was awesome. :slight_smile: But I’m glad I don’t have to deal with Motif and CDE anymore, modern Linux is so much better.

2 Likes

That would’ve been awesome! You’d have to fill it with something worthy though. Like a 64-core EPYC. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Done setting up the new “laptop,” so of course obligatory Neofetch.

4 Likes

I’d imagine the chassis would require modification, seems like a shame to damage it if the system is still in working order.

Motif isn’t quite dead yet, and neither is CDE.

There’s also at least a few CDE themes for Fvwm, chief among which (as far as I am aware anyway) being NsCDE.

Edit: fix formatting

3 Likes

I wanna play along too!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

No wallpaper here - I never see it, so it’s just stock Arch one. As for the terminal emulator… Terminator is clunky, but it works for me. Tabby lags as hell, and Kitty refuses to run (nVidia thing?)

Edit: kitty not launching was just some weird issue with not rebooting after an update.

2 Likes

Finally switched my main gaming rig over to Fedora. Still need Windows every once in a while, but Linux has now got about 90% of my needs covered.

4 Likes

Did you disable secure boot?

1 Like

3 'fetches :innocent: :grin: but thats to make up for the fact i only have a Nuc, nothing fancy.

I think fedora is going to stay as a VM for a while (and yeah qemu would be better…) tho for now, pop is just too comfy and just…works! (most of the time!!)

4 Likes

Just an fyi: you can do neofetch in Powershell or in CMD in windows as well. It’s just called differently I think.

3 Likes

spent all my time trying to make the w3m neofetch image change thing work till someone suggested the --loop function. Did not know that, thanks!

2 Likes

Before the 22.04 upgrade

After the 22.04 upgrade

3 Likes

Did you mean like this?

cls; wsl neofetch --ascii_distro windows10

6 Likes

my other 5900x is powered off RN, and 5 wont be easy to squeeze on here in a grid pattern

5 Likes