Post your battle stations!

I have one and I feel it’s too much. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve finally decided to get rid of the smaller monitor.

I’ve noticed that I don’t use it apart from putting the occasional YT video in the background. The vertical display was nice for having a whole webpage visible at glance, without scrolling. But I don’t need it for my entertainment space. The secondary screen did only break immersion while playing games. First I started turning it off, then left dark for a whole week. When I use my desk after work, I want the least amount of things on it.

Today I did remove it.
Looks cleaner without the vertical display anyway.

/blatant lie
I will manage my cables, I promise.

8 Likes

One of us! One of us! Welcome to the single monitor gang.

4 Likes

Theres a Adam sub under the desk. More of a music station, but games are welcome. Just not enough of them that I like to play.

10 Likes

This is my pure nostalgia couch gaming setup.

I played Runescape for the first time in like 2003. Most kids in the laptop program at school had IBM ThinkPads because that’s what the school IT department sold and prepped for them. I had a cheaper HP something, and this ThinkPad is several years newer than those were. But it still feels right.

5 Likes

Ol’ Betsy:

8 Likes

Sorry for sharing another thread here. But I posted my battlestation (recent update) to my blog.

2 Likes

\o/

7 Likes

A picture from 2004, 3x17’ flat and one 21’ crt. Also a 14’ common crt for tv(satelite). Oh yes, now on days i have some newer/modern hw as well :smiley:

15 Likes

Finally got my old parts together in a case.
Going to a relative after I finish testing it.
Not TOTL but no slouch either, for the parts.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI (MS-7B93) - on a cold night :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have the same case. it is a good case.

2 Likes

Hmm… Attach a picture from Sept 2021, - I have some never Hw as well.

10 Likes

3 Likes

So I port-matched my replacement TechN AM4 top and gained 20% flow at silent pump-speed and 10% at full speed with 2 DCC pumps.

The funnel opening towards the fins is unchanged, only against the fitting is it made larger.

4 Likes

New setup after decommissioning the desktop.

14 Likes

2 DDC → 2 D5
Lose a little flow - gain so much silence :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was me, had to change locale. Left with just a laptop & clothes. Enjoy what you got, while you got it. Nothing lasts forever, let go when/if the time comes.

11 Likes

What is that monitor under/before the main monitor? Looks like a really nice thin bezel.

1 Like

I made it myself from the display of a Sony VAIO and a tablet stand. After disassembly I bought the display driver for it from eBay. It takes 12V power so all I needed was to add another tail to the 12V server PSU that powers all the auxiliary devices in the area.

I use it mainly for system status monitoring, pretty easy to make and very useful.

5 Likes

Very cool to find another one who had the same idea :slight_smile:
What panel is it?
From which vendor did you get the controller board? niytouch?
I have a 7" as a system monitoring display myself.

2 Likes