Post Your Classic or Nostalgic Games

I had forgotten about good ole' '76! I had a blast with this game!

1 Like

The title was actually "Grand Prix Circuit" and it was released by Accolade in the late 80s.

Spectre Supreme :

Also spent a ton of time playing Scarab of Ra

EDIT : almost forgot Hellcats and Prince of Persia

2 Likes

RUNE: CLASSIC

I didn't play this as a kid, played it later in the re-release on GOG.

Before Kratos thought of fighting the gods, and long before the idea of traveling north when Greek myths were beat to death, Rune came out in 2000. You start off as a weak little kid and progress to a badass! Not only to you grow in size your gear gets crazier and crazier.

Oh lost your sword? Thats ok use your enemies arm and beat them to a bloody pulp saying "why are you hitting yourself? Stop hitting yourself" like a fing psychopath. I like this a little more than God of War tbh, not as polished but on pc its worth the asking price. The MP is epic, if you can find some people still play.

3 Likes

MDK

My dad, like Nanosaur, had this for his Mac.... man I played a ton of this. At the time really great shooter, great visuals and really just a great game.

And ya know what? It holds up! Looks great still, to me anyway, and plays really well. Really crazy game from a great over looked developer Shiny Entertainment

1 Like

EARTHWORM JIM

Played this on Genesis and Gameboy advanced.

Its weird, funny, and polished. Crazy story, and just so much fun.

However tried the GOG version and had issues. So buy at your own risk.
If you can get it to work right, would not recommend getting it on pc tbh, or get the OG copies its worth having.

1 Like

I love RUNE so much I re-installed it last year. It was a LAN part favorite, especially chopping off someone's arm and beating them to death with it. I also remember they had a MP mode where teams played basketball by chopping off heads and then shooting the head thought the hoop. LOL!

3 Likes

MESSIAH

A game I played a bit at a friends house, this game is AMAZING. Still have yet to sit down and beat it, got it on GOG and played it again about a year ago, this game has Cyberpunk, makes you think, has dumb teen humor, possession.... and has that late 90s early 2000 vibe I love from games in that era.... man I wish we could get some games like this again. This game isn't talked about a lot but let me tell you its a classic. Would get it on GOG as its 10 bucks there, think that's fair price.

Childhood favorite

2 Likes

Command&Conquer: Renegade

Oh man I loved this game, FPS game in C&C? Yes please. The MP was was basic base building/support, rts style, with team based FPS gameplay. Great LAN game!

This game has little love from EA, but there is a free fan game that updates it a bit that can be found here

https://renegade-x.com/files/

3 Likes

E.Y.E DIVINE CYBERMANCY

This game is bonkers. Its AA in its finest, it's a little old... but man it an experience that should be had if you like 40k, cyberpunk and Dues ex (lite). The combat is a power fantasy shooter, matrix like death dealing badassery. It's like a mashup of a ton of stuff, basically think of it as a 40k like fan fic of cyberpunk/scifi from 80s and 90s game.

Really.. it's cheap... its got co'op... up to 32 players..... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/EYE_Divine_Cybermancy/

I do have to admit I played it years ago and forgot about it, ran across this video today.... now I have to go play again

I would recommend the Syndicate mod they made before this game (did not know they made it but it's fun)

2 Likes

I remember playing this on my first PC back in ~92. I was like 7 years old at the time, and didn't really understand what all I needed to do. There was gameception with this one too, as the computer in the game had a tile breaker game on it.

1 Like

That's exactly what it is.

^^^Click image for the entire comic to show.

But if it's too much for you Aremis, and considering your color blindness, you could just mod in a GUI.

3 Likes

I freaking loved River Raid.

Perhaps the most nostalgic game for me is Commander Keen! I used to play this for hours on my grandmother's old Windows 3.1 desktop. I played it not too long ago and it still holds up today, IMHO.

The Monkey Island saga made by LucasArts. In particular the 1,2 and 3 are amazing games with a fun and cool story! I played a lot of them when I was teenager and even know I play from time to time, last time was when they made de Special Editions of the first and second!

2 Likes

Oh my fuck that 3D tool would make it way more fun to play!!!! Is it like interactive and shit?

1 Like

I do not know. I'd like to try it myself, but I'm currently relegated to a chromebook. :X

I don't see the problem here lol

1 Like

...?

I could get Linux going on this with Crouton, and theoretically get Dwarf Fortress rolling with that and the Graphical overhaul, but my 3570K made DF somewhat responsive and quick to play. Dwarf Fortress on a :poop:dual core chromebook with a graphical mod? hahahahah I can feel the pain already imagining it.

I mean my attempts to play have been on a pentium M lappy I don't think it'll be awful on a chromebook lol

1 Like