Post Your Classic or Nostalgic Games

Metroid Fusion (GBA)

Now, while Zero Mission is definitely a great game too, Fusion stuck more with me (even though I suck at it, really).
The wonderfully detailed graphics and dark soundtrack paired with the setting create a nice uneasy atmosphere. The small story bits keep you going, trying to find out what the fuck happened on this space station, never sure if you're the hunter or the hunted.

The differently themed areas of the space station keep the mission from getting boring. Oh, and the boss fights! Just amazing. Every single one needs a different strategy and they're all so well designed.
It's not an easy game, though.

3 Likes

For me, It's the first RPG I ever played.

GOTHIC II

Never got much exposure in the U.S, but was pretty big in Europe.

Also the first game I played that had a branching story line, based off which guild you joined. Still holds up in some ways.

3 Likes

LEGO BIONICLE (GBA)

Was a super nerd for the first run of Bionicle, loved the lore and the kits. Got this game and as a kid I loved it, still have my copy today. I recall there being tons of mini games and the fact you went around the world was epic to me.

2 Likes

These are just a few that come to mind off the top of my head. There's plenty more where that come form but I rather not flood the post with frivolous old past times of mine ( ͡ᶢ ͜ʖ ͡ᶢ)

2 Likes

Pokemon

1 Like

Please

2 Likes

Out in the world there are rule breakers. I know that.

But never did I see someone break one rule more then once in such a short amount of time ever.

/s

5 Likes

Cant image not delivering a couple of victories for the Brotherhood every now and then.
Peace Through Power!!!

5 Likes

First experience of that game was on a 166MHz Pentium. Boy did that computer chug..

I bought Gunman Chronicles [C$0.38 + C$3.88 shipping] because I saw it in this thread. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to run on win 8.1. Apparently I could also use Steam but have to figure out that as well.
Another game I haven't seen mentioned is Hexen, I still have the cd;

1 Like

you can get it here

from CD this should work

1 Like

Had it on Commodore 64. But the damn floppy was fucked somewhere in the last third of the game.
Finished it 15 years later on a much prettier version running on scummVM on a Powermac G5.

2 Likes

Got it working. Thanks.

1 Like

PROJECT EDEN

I did not play this in my youth, played it about 2 years ago for the first time.... I love it. Really really good game, can't believe I had never heard of it before.

I am a sucker for cyberpunk so maybe I'm biased. Its fun, good voice acting, good story (not breaking any molds but thats fun), and good gameplay. Team members AI is a little jank, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Same people that made Tomb Raider.

Its on GOG, It's pretty cheap. Worth a look

BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH 2

I am a huge sucker for RTS games and LOTR.... this had me in heaven as a kid! Really good, played hours and hours. I wish they would make a new LOTR RTS like this again.

You can get it on Ebay or amazon, but it's not sold digitally that I can find (I still have my box)

Not sure how good it is, as I have yet to try it, but there is an HD mod that updates the game found here

Here is a video over the Dwarfs

Here is an Install guide by the creator

Done in windows 10 so you can play it on modern windows!

And here is the 1.09 patch link (guess its not on moddb 1.0 is)
D/L at your own risk lol (Can not vouch for it)

https://www.gamereplays.org/community/Battle_For_Middle_Earth_II_Patch_109_Is_Now_Live-t994540.html

Who here whittled away countless hours on this gem?

3 Likes

DRAGON SEEDS

What is the story? IDK. Who are you? IDC. Why is this good? Its dragons that you breed and quip with weapons to battle and die for you.... I played this a ton as a kid and really I don't recall anything but that it was hard, breeding was key, the music was fun, and the battling was fun

This is the only song I remember... its still good, wonder if I still have this game somewhere

40 WINKS

This was my first console game, my parents got it for me when they got me a playstation for Christmas after years of begging for a game console. Dont have my original copy but got one cheap and in great condition from amazon.

This game is soooo good, good story line, great gameplay. Really wish there was more!

Play it if you like banjo-kazooie and Spyro kind of games

JADE COCOON

I love this game, the intro is AMAZING and makes me wish they just made a anime of it.

Have not played it in years, but I recall it being a JRPG story line but with the "Monster Battle" and breed idea.
Also you could see the monsters, iirc the was no "random" encounters. Also you can battle not just your monsters

If you are into JRPGs or Pokemon kind of games, this is a good one.

I do not agree with him 100%, loved the story and did not think it was cheap but good overview