Post Your Classic or Nostalgic Games

Holy crap, yes. This was one of my favorite games of all time too!!! Actually got to play a copy before it was released due to a developer of it living RIGHT ACROSS the street from my friend!

1 Like

This and my red Gameboy Pocket.

1 Like

I'm being driven insane right now because I don't have access to quake champions. Its everything I have wanted for years and the beta going up and down is driving me absolutely insane. If I could afford to buy another steam game I would get quake live.

Ugh....

2 Likes

Probably the game (series) I played the most on the PS1. So much fun. Childhood friend and I progressively unlocked the levels over the course of a few months, taking turns and sharing our progress with each other (took us way too long to figure out how to do the special tricks since he only had a pirated copy without the manual and because hsi father was really cheap we couldn't easily look things like that up on the internet - dial up era).
It took us was felt like an eternity to get to the Area 51 level.

Way more fun than any other skateboarding game at the time and amazing soundtrack. We also played the sequels until THPS4 I believe but it got stale after a while and I'm no fan of the changes that were introduced with "Tony Hawk's Underground.

2 Likes

So I went looking for "What is the oldest game that I still have on my PC right now?"

$9.99 on Steam.

I had FlatOut and when I saw a TV commercial for FlatOut 2 I immediately jumped in my car and drove all over the state until I found a copy for sale in a mall about 70 miles away (5 CD's and I still have them). I also have FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (= FlatOut 2 HD remastered) but it uses Games for Windows Live and I can't save games.

FlatOut 2 is one of those games I would show to people that never played a computer game before and they would love it. The car control is just right, definitely an easy arcade game, not a simulator. Even women enjoyed FlatOut 2, but not my Mom. She hated seeing people fly out of the windshield when they crashed. Demolition derby was a favorite. Who hasn't wanted to smash a car on purpose? The stunt Olympics is fun too. I liked the high jump and bowling events best. Hold the button just right and your driver flies through the windshield and high jumps to get stuck on a fence or knocks down giant bowling pins.

At LAN parties our favorite mode was Figure-8 racing in school buses. A combination of demolition derby and racing. The best thing about FlatOut 2 at LAN parties is it is the only racing game that encourages you to cheat in order to win. Crashing into other cars and objects charges your nitro. One can win by being the fastest driver, but it is far better to win by killing everyone else on the road.

LOL!

edit:
Been playin FO2 for the past hour and I can't wipe the grin off my face.

3 Likes

Nice to see someone posts this game, I've tried to get up flying for 50 times then i realised my controller was broken and it req. really good skills to do everything properly. Nice to remember such an epic game, graphic is crappy tho :slight_smile:

There are so many other games from this time that I enjoyed just as much, but to start with a classic game Warcraft II is my pick. Seriously an amazing game that drew me in with the lore of Warcraft as well as my first experience with an RTS. I would play WC2 endlessly since it was one of the few PC games I had at the time on the family computer with Win 95. I never played WC2 with any one else until the Battle.net version came out and by that point I also had Starcraft to enjoy.
Warcraft II is forgotten about now, but there is one group working on it to keep the multiplayer working.

Warcraft II Combat Edition
http://en.war2.ru/

4 Likes

It was a pretty hard game, but this one's a classic. Yes did amazingly on the end credits music(Favourite of mine), and was pretty much one of the coolest games to date. I got introduced to it because my dad had an original disk of it. Put it into the disk driver, worked. Couldn't get past the first few levels, but the feels man. the feels.

4 Likes

Captain Claw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGfeV-6kMc

1 Like

Red Alert 2

4 Likes

After 20 years still the best RTS ever IMHO :wink:

2 Likes

Wow! I just got reminded of this favorite.

It had good multiplayer = a LAN party favorite. My favorite thing to do was the open world 'tricks 4 points' map had a huge cliff around it. If you managed to get your bike up the cliff, you would go about 50 feet and hit the glass wall. The wall would sproing you about a mile through the air with that whistling bomb sound. I found my CD a while back and it didn't work that well on a newer system.

3 Likes

Ring of Red

Man this game was so much fun as a kid, I haven’t played for years but I will never forget it. This review does a good job on hitting all the good points of this game.

Man the PS2/Xbox was the golden area of console games

This year I will play this and last more than 5 minutes lol

1 Like