Post Your Classic or Nostalgic Games

3 Likes

Came on windows with skifree, right?

I played that quite a lot too...

That I don't remember.

skifree

7 Likes

Ah, this. The PCs I used back then (elementary school age) had it installed.

1 Like

There's a severe lack of Dwarf Fortress in here.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

4 Likes

never played it actually.... some part of me knows I'd get addicted and want to dive into the source code...

2 Likes

This is how old I am, OG Original XCOM having to use DOS. I can still play it to this day. They need to make a legit reboot that does it justice.

2 Likes

Oh man, I 'member... I thought Prince of Persia was the most frustrating game ever. And then XCOM happened.

2 Likes

This classic, still run it on my 34" predator, looks dated as heck, but something relaxing about dominating the universe, lol

3 Likes

OREGON TRAIL

If you grew up in America, around a certain time, you have played this game. It may have been your first computer game. You may still play it today, or as the younger among us may think its an IOS game if they know about it at all.

I loved this game, and Amazon trail, as a kid. Oregon Trail is a classic of classics to me.

4 Likes

CLUE

I completely forgot about this game, but after seeing a throwback video on it I have to add it.

I played this game a ton, think I got it in a Kelloggs box for free. Must have played this off and on for 2 years, once a week at least. I cannot vouch for the new adaptations, however if you like clue the board game, its a pretty good pc game.

1 Like

DINOSAURS FOR HIRE

Based on a comic? I guess, really none of that matters...
It's got Dinos....It's got Guns.... It's got Co-op... It's got 90's
Really its that simple and as fun as it sounds... play it (dont buy)... NOW

DRAGON WARRIOR MONSTERS

I love this game. My parents would not as a kid let me get Pokemon do to me getting in trouble at school with the card game (I had a good eye for trading.... tell I got cheated)

But thanks to them not looking to hard into it, I was able to get this game. Having played Pokemon now I still find Dragon Warrior Monster the more compelling game.

If you like dragon warrior/quest or monster collector games, this game is worth your time. Good story, great gameplay and crazy breeding chart to get them all.... and that music still gets me every time

1 Like

Urban Chaos Riot Response

Played for the Xbox back in the day at a friends house. While I only played once, and only for about an hour.... man this game stays with you. Way ahead of its time... you can burn someone with your stun gun if you hold it to long, guy has a knife or a molotov cocktail? Shoot him and he'll drop it.

Had fun with it, think it's cheap to find on ebay these days

Quite possibly my first ever game when I think of it, I'm not sure if it was DX-Ball or Duke Nukem 3D, I can't remember, but anyway, I present you DX-Ball, I used to play this Arcade game in the early 2000s, I had forgotten it's existence until now. Apparently it is based on an earlier series of Amiga games known as MegaBall, so some of you older ones out there might remember it :)

2 Likes

Oh my fuck nanosaur. My middle school and elementary had G3's for forever running os9/8 and 10.3. This was on all if those machines, and a game called twilight zone. Nanosaur was what everyone played but twilight zone was like a really complex RPG that confused everyone and I was the only one to play it. If my ibook wasn't dead (can't read hard drives for whatever readon) I would be into these again. So cool!!!

1 Like

Also I have a pretty good list I could put in here.

1 Like

if you could

please.

Can't wait to see what they are!

1 Like

Tactical dump of what the fuck incoming.

First game!

http://privateer.sourceforge.net/

Privateer Gemini Gold.

One of the games that literally kept me together in middle and high school. While development isn't going on anymore, the game is free to grab and play whenever you want. PGG is an updated version of Wing Commander Privateer brought up into the 0.7 beta version of the Vega Strike Engine. It has all the benefits of Wing Commander with none of the cost!

You play as Jeremy, son of a long time family of space trekkers, out on his first adventures off of the Achilles diamond mine asteroid with a ship inherited from your great grandfather who had recently died. You have 5000 credits and a Taurus V3 with infinite space ahead of you!

The game boasts real time world exploration (from one galaxy to another can literally take years. I put my game in god mode and flew towards the sun from the 48th vector [a war zone in the game] and it took 3 months before I got pulled into its orbit and burnt), 13 space huds to explore, a merchant and assassination system, complicated combat, and endless quests. This is basically the better version of Elite in my eyes, and a lot of people LOVE the original elite. Oh and you can buy all the ships you see in-game at different ship shops in the game. And there are factions.

There is a story, however you have to actually find it. The game doesn't give it to you. You go between trade routes and bars hearing stories about a "Green glowing ship in New Constantinople that can take out entire fleets" that leads you into a new adventure as you build your ship up with upgrades and even get new ones! The possibilities are endless in this timeless classic.

Also it runs on fucking everything. If you have an OpenGL 1.3 supported GPU, an ATI RAGE 64 or 128 for example, PPC or X86 OR MIPS, you can play this amazing game.

1 Like