Post your battle stations!

Well, if you have to take a Crapple you may aswell do it in hipster style.

i hope thatā€™s a sand blasted aluminum crapper

20180814_095119

Space Gray

kek

Hereā€™s my tower. Wasnā€™t able to get a good pic of the rest at the time, but I run an overclocked 3770k with an R9 390 and 290 in crossfire with 32 gigs of overclocked ram :slight_smile:

1 Like

None of the colors really match but its sure a beast of a machine. First post, be gentle.

First post, be gentle.

75117835-288-k850774

Jokes aside -
Glad to see a fellow AMD user. Would be nice if you posted a spec list.

1 Like

Welcome. Donā€™t worry, we use lubricantā€¦

5 Likes

ā€¦do we tho?

@daisycutter is that a 2700x & wraith cooler?

1 Like

Shhhā€¦ Let him feel comfortable before we check his cavities the uncomfortable wayā€¦

1 Like

That Senna print is awesomeā€¦

Iā€™m a huge F1 fan, good to see some likeminded people here.

EDIT: yes i know its an old post, I was doing lots of scrolling

My work battlestation got some serious upgrades.

7 Likes

Do I see an Acer chromebook?

What do you use it for?

Managing the Chromebook fleet. And goofing off with all the new stuff in ChromeOS. Considering buying a PixelBook for myself.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct.

1 Like

Ryzen 2700x with Wraith Cooler
Asus Prime Pro X470 mobo
32 GB Trident Z@ 3200
GTX 1070 Founders Card

4 Likes

I wonder: Do you OC the 2700x? How high can you push it? Does it run stable? Do you have a use case with a bunch of vms?

When I first got the CPU a few months ago I was trying some overclocking and had gotten it to run at 4 GHz @ 1.35 volts, and stress tested it over night with Prime95 and it made it through but the temps were just shy of 80 C, and I just didnā€™t trust that in the long run.

I need this processor to last a while, and I really donā€™t have many usecases where that extra speed would make a huge difference. So I reset to factory, and it hasnā€™t disappointed at all. I have an AIO sitting around that I have been thinking about ordering an AM4 bracket for, but just havenā€™t gotten to it.

If your workloads can use it I would go for it. I have an AIO on my 1700 and I love the extra clock speed I can get out of it.

Garage battlestation

6 Likes