Post your battle stations!

Looks good, it’ll keep Google away from you.

/s

The beer in the sink is a nice touch.

2 Likes

it’s the little things that make a house a home

3 Likes

Should dramatically reduce BRB breaks.

1 Like

yeah

heres the rest of the room

sweet setup right

8 Likes

Added some elements and cleaned up today. Blog post coming later detailing everything.

Blog is up: oO.o’s Workstation Build

14 Likes

But this means you can’t take showers, only baths, unless there’s another bathroom with a shower.

check the corner, walk in shower

best part is the rent is only 4,000 a month (I live in the bay area)

2 Likes

Here is my little workstation.

6 Likes

…and this is why there are people in California (especially in Silicone Valley) with multiple full-time/part-time jobs yet are homeless. Sigh…

New desk, work in progress.

• EDIT- I suppose I should describe it a bit-

Rocking a teksyndicate mouse and lvl1 dual monitor KVM. Main rig is Windows to serve as a good type 2 hypervisor, been too lazy to make the full transition to Linux w/ Windows VM for when it’s absolutely necessary. Docking station to the right for a T420 with Linux, other docking station is for the work laptop. On the other side of the room is the z800 running as my ESXi type 1 with 5 2TB HDDs connected to an LSI chip in IT mode so that I can virtualize FreeNAS but give it direct access (via passthrough) to the HDDs to get all of that ZFS goodness. The second NIC on the z800 goes directly to a LAMP stack WordPress build using my domain name- its a default build, I haven’t even customized it (its the demo site), its just there as it makes the pfsense logs interesting. The site is probably a good opportunity to self host a blog or something for resume purposes- uhhg, more work. Other VMs is Plex, Splunk and some other stuff.

I’m not an apple guy, but for some reason I like their keyboards- the new MS keyboards look like they might feel similar, they have a finger print sensor and I like how they go about being wireless, so maybe thats in my future.

Monitor to the right is showing pfsense logs and freenas samba share logs, the latter I want to work on installing the restfulapi app integration with Splunk to get a turn-key FreeNAS dashboard installed- but then to add to it these samba logs in and make a FreeNAS share dashboard. The geomaps are A3Sec’s dashboard for pfsense- just awesome, and I added the missile-app (yet another awesome group of peeps) panel at the bottom. I need to restore the Snort dashboard functionality- lazy. The Kali neofetch is there to admit, I’m script kiddie at best, but I’m working to crawl out of that.

8 Likes

Mind telling me what that small monitor is that seems to show temperatures?

1 Like

Mirin workflow. You consider WSL or MobaXTerm over Putty? It’ll change your life :grin:

Looking at MobaXTerm and WSL makes me feel so dated haha. Can you explain Mirin workflow, google isn’t helping me there (or is it suggesting cookpad / mirin?).

1 Like

Mirin’ == I admire or I’m admiring

Lazy/Internet slang. My bad :grin: :frowning_face:

MobaXTerm is great for X11 forwarding on Windows! :open_mouth: It does -X by default.

WSL is great for everything else.

1 Like

Yet I’m further dated haha.

Your turning my life upside down- I have some things to mess around with when I get home.

I’m hoping if I continue to refine the battle station, I get into a grove of actually doing stuff when I get home. Like a stubborn mule, I’m finding it hard to kick back into gear after driving home.

2 Likes

~PartyParrot~

All gravy mane. PowerShell 6 + WSL and I’m in heaven. Then again, I don’t administer Windows anymore lol.

1 Like

I like the sound of not having too many tools- have just a few things that pretty much do all the things is nice. Editing my picture post, figured I should at least put some info.

1 Like

What do you write in the Moleskine?

Code, scripts, stories, ideas, flowcharts? :grin:

Lolz, none of the above- IP addresses, account info, setup information that if I otherwise forget, sets me back- oh yeah, some ideas for sure- need to write it down to help visualize and execute, and fill in notes a long the way. I also use google blogger for notes so that its in reliable (up time) and easy to access place.

1 Like