Post pictures of what you ate!

Kinda does, really… Kaprese is one of my favorite things, but Pesto is quite difficult to make.

alfredo sauce is a thing

Wait, is this really just cream, garlic, parmesan and parsley? That’s extremely simple. I like it…

yep, great with chicken, bacon, or shirmp

1 Like

And broccoli, red peppers, green beans… all sorts of veggies.

Nahh, it’s simple if you have a food processor: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/

pine nuts are expensive tho

If buying a small bag of pine nuts breaks the budget… there may be other issues.

Besides, he said difficult not cheap. And frankly buying ingredients is almost always cheaper than buying preprocessed.

Last night’s dinner was mock chorizo with fresh French green beans atop spinach and tomato, topped with garlic cheddar and Greek yogurt:

4 Likes

wow, very impressive

Thank you!

I didn’t make the mock chorizo (although that’s something I need to look into, apparently it’s not too difficult with TVP and spices). It’s made by a company called Tofurky and it’s amazing, but also expensive.

1 Like

A couple wieners and a big ol hash brown

5 Likes

Lasagna Bolognese, stuffed peppers with sauce and home made bread…

5 Likes

Chicken breast, stuffed with… Things and wrapped in bacon.

3 Likes

Made a crumble with some plumbs and nectarines which were about to go off.

8 Likes

That’s why you have to keep them in the fridge, to contain the blast.

That looks delicious though.

1 Like

My go to meal with pasta is the most simple probably in the world
Pasta ( I have tried all kinds and all of them work )
Olive oil
Bulgarian Cow Cheese ( cottage cheese ) preferably from Madzarov or Karlovo :smiley:

I can eat this meal for days and I will want more of it.

1 Like

Tri-tip
Hard-boiled egg
Some bean stuff

4 Likes

just a tip for the eggs, after I boil eggs i get them out of the hot water and with a fork or spoon I break the shell all around the egg. Then I put them in cold water to stop the cooking, get to an edible temperature and also to get water inside the shell. Leave them for 2 to 5-7 min depending on what temperature you want them and then try the pealing. For me its better, this method will not grant you perfect pealing with every egg but its better than without it.

1 Like

There is such a big difference between the two… Anyways, I made pastitsio last night, but I ate it all so no pictures… Sorry…