Post pictures of what you ate!

Daaaaam, Daniel, back at it again with the crazy recipes...
RAW:

Cooked:

4 Likes

interesting take on the stuffed bell pepper

1 Like

Small piece of advice - BOIL this sh...
The zucchini, no matter i blanched, remained raw, and raw zucchini are bitter, and it killed the entire thing. Boil that thing for a few minutes before stuffing it.

Spicy garlic chicken with rice and vegetables...

5 Likes

Plan:
Stir Fried pork and mushrooms with sweet and sour spicy sauce with rice...
Result:

The sweet an sour spicy sauce is more spicy than anything else, but it's really good...

PS: Man, i don't know what i did, but that sauce is pretty much AMAZING... Love it... I'm getting really good in the kitchen...

3 Likes

Fridge clearing time...
Eggs, milk, flour, ham, cheese...

Made ssome pancakes, spread some of the leftover sweet and sour sauce from yesterday, put some ham and cheese inside and kept rolling rolling rolling rolling...

Then put them in the oven, so the cheese inside will melt, and put the leftover cheese on top...

5 Likes

Is food cheap to acquire where you live because you seem to have a ton of food to cook with.

Yes and no. It strongly depends.
My main expense is food. I spend more than half of my monthly budget on food. A third on rent and bills and what's left is for other side stuff... I'm not skimping on food though. I am buying whatever I like. Also, I cook for one. So a 150 gram pack of frozen vegetable mix I use 3 times for different meals...
For comparison, a kilogram of chicken breast here is something like €4-4,50... Today I bought onions for €0,45 for kilogram. Mushrooms - €3,50 for a kilogram. Eggs - €0,10-0,12 for L size...
150 grams of frozen (let it go) vegetable mix is around 80-85 cents...

1 Like
2 Likes

I just took it out of the oven...
Lasagna... My first idea was vegetarian with mushrooms, because ... mushrooms ... But then I noticed I had a piece of ham from the yesterday's pancakes...

With the bechamel sauce...

Update:

6 Likes

very smart of you. It looks good

1 Like

Well since it is just you and not kids nor a partner/roommate, makes sense how you are able to feed yourself.

1 Like

When i quit smoking i started cooking as a way to distract myself and haven't stopped since... Basically the money I was spending for cigarettes I am now spending on food.
Tonight, if all goes according to plan, will be chicken and potatoes, oven baked with cheese sauce. We will see...

2 Likes

Chicken soup...

Oh yeah...
Potatoes, mushrooms, chicken breast, cheese beshamel sauce, in the oven...

2 Likes

made oven chicken wings the other night, use backing powder to get the skin cripsy

4 Likes

waffle

3 Likes

Maple syrup or honey?

Anyways, I wanted to do something like mini lasagna...
So I got some dough sheets... Had some leftover cheese sauce from couple days ago, some thinly sliced carrots and peppers and ground pork with mushrooms...

Rolling, putting in a baking tray...

Then baking...

It needs sauce BADLY, but I am too lazy now... Also half of them are already gone...

3 Likes

regular syrup

What does the Americans call "regular syrup"?
I really have no idea...

i duno i was at a restaurant and didnt pay the extra dollar for Vermont maple syrup

1 Like