Post pictures of what you ate!

Always better than doughy.

1 Like

Chickin soup…

PS: Note to self: Parsley stems and any stems for that matter needs to cook…

7 Likes

Swedes can be kind of strict and always follow the rules, like standing in line, even if there isn’t a line. The stores around here have a tendency to sell parsley with 25cm long stems and Swedes buy those and end up with stems they have to cook. “Screw that.” some migrant said and ripped off the stems and left them in the store. “You… you can do that?” a Swede asked anxiously. So these days you can sometimes see these neat bundles of parsley stems that someone has left behind.

3 Likes

They are lovely in soups if you remember to cook them…
I just grabbed a bunch of parsley and chopped it in the soup. I completely forgot the stems needed to cook to soften up…

question…
do you guys spend more time decorating your plates than eating your food…?? :wink:

some of the presentations here… 10/10… gg.

5 Likes

I make one portion for the forum (and a Facebook group I’m a part of) and the rest are more… casual I guess…

4 Likes

I forgot to take a picture. We were to a Laurie Anderson exhibition and then after we went out and I had

Surf & turf with veal entrecote, king crab, choron sauce & tossed spinach
with
Double-fried fries with grated Wrånbäcksost & green peppermayo

3 Likes

Chicken teriyaki w/ random vegetables I had to use up.

12 Likes

Unlike me, wherr my presentation looks like my food, after I eat.

Speaking of which, I just made a salad of pear, garganzola, candied kiwi, toastef walnuts and paremesan regiano.

4 Likes

Wonder if it’s possible to make small gel cubes or something of port, that don’t mash together when you mix the salad. Lettuce, pear, crumbled blue cheese, walnuts, and port cubes. Oh… you can cheat and freeze the port wine cubes and mix the salad when they’re still frozen, wait 10 minutes or so and then serve.

1 Like

More often than not, I just photograph food in the pan or meat after slicing. I fear the level of OCD I would have if I actually tried to plate properly.

4 Likes

Absolutely! You could go the sodium alginate route and make pearls or the jello shooter route and make gelatin cubes to toss in.

The experimentation is up to you.

1 Like

I like the gelatin cubes. Make them double the normal gelatine and they are very firm.

2 Likes

Anyone remember jelly salads? The ones with different salad veggies suspended inside? Sometimes with mandarin slices or apple bits too?

2 Likes

Yes! And baby marshmallows.

1 Like

maiden steakage on my brand new induction cooktop.

could not be happier with it

10 Likes

Does it count as food preparation if I add extra raisins in my granola?

10 Likes

There was a sale on chicken wings. The ones on the left were Chinese inspired with Sichuan pepper, Hoisin sauce, 'n stuff. The ones on the right where Korean inspired with gochujang, apple sauce (instead of Korean pears), and garlic 'n stuff.

6 Likes

I hate you…
I can’t find that shit anywhere locally. I need to order online and the delivery price alone is making it not really worth it…

I just made some more Korean Fried Chicken Wings on Tuesday. Nice.