Post pictures of what you ate!

5 Likes

Hot links on toasty buns with ketchup, mustard, and relish

8 Likes

Do you Guys put baking soda AND yeast when you make doughnuts?

How does baking soda work? I can never get it right. I put baking soda and vinegar when kneading dough and I’ve tried it like half a dozen times now but it never feels quite right…

Pic related: made stick donuts :doughnut: sort of :thinking::sob::face_with_monocle::pleading_face:

9 Likes

Well I kinda ate it all…
I had kiofte, sausage, pork chop, classic shopska salad, chicken livers with onions, some other stuff and a lot of other people around…
We have a village … I guess festival is the English word for it … So we have a lot of people as guests…

Sorry, no pictures…

PS: tomorrow it will all happen again, so maybe pictures then…

4 Likes

I only use yeast when making doughnuts.

Typically when using Baking Soda the recipe would already have an acidic ingredient to interact with to create the CO2, otherwise you would use Baking Powder (baking soda with a dry acid) instead. The other thing to consider is that Baking Soda and Baking Powder start to react immediately when liquid is introduced to the batter, so it needs to be cooked rather quickly after adding the liquids. You can also get into the Double Acting Baking Powder, which will realease CO2 once liquid is added and also when exposed to heat.

3 Likes

Pizza night.

13 Likes

Finally got around to making baked Mac and cheese again. Good stuff. :+1:

10 Likes

made babish’s carnitas for burritos. been super busy lately between work and my nephew getting born, so mostly been eating someone elses food not mine but not tonight!.

12 Likes

Nachos.

16 Likes

Treat yo’ self

15 Likes

9 Likes

I hope you ate this Pete, otherwise I’ll have to report you to the authorities for shit posting.

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot the new rules… I love the one about alt accounts… Half the forum should be gone now…

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your support request has been received and has been escalated to the relevant department.

Please await our response between 10AM and 3PM, Mountain Time.

1 Like

Surprisingly few alt accounts that aren’t spammers.

1 Like

A light salad :green_salad: :wink:

11 Likes

These ramen were just SO good.
Looked good, smelled good, tasted good.

I… I want more please…

16 Likes

Wing ding.

10 Likes

That’s one of the most unfortunate thing about food here in the States. When you say “ramen” people immediately think you mean the bad and wrong, freeze dried, microwaved, noodle bricks.

A bowl of real ramen is pretty badass.

1 Like

Yes, I wanted to make it myself but I didn’t want to buy chicken lol