Post pictures of what you ate!

Liquid bread, I like It!

1 Like

Bourboun have more corn in it than wheat iirc… Amiright or amiright?

1 Like

Visually not very appealing, but flavour wise extremely delicious pork ribs with potatoes, baked in white wine and a bunch of spices…

8 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

Bacon Habanero Mac and Cheese with a side of Everything Bagel Bread

13 Likes

Teriyaki Sockeye Salmon on the grill.
20200825_194824

14 Likes

Malt/wheat same source different product. Maybe, my bread is made with bourbon instead of water :wink:

I’m pretty sure bourbon have high corn content… Corntent if you will…
I’ll have to check that…

There we go, made primarily from KoЯn…

1 Like

Ahh, I was thinking grain and regular whiskey. I stand corrected oh internet lord.

1 Like

Australia’s national dish, spaghetti bolognese. Halfway through before I remembered to take a pic.

9 Likes

I’m barman for the last about decade or so… My bosses made special point to teach us the difference between whiskey and bourbon. Same with the wines and all that sort of garbage. I have forgotten most of it. I just remember bourbon is corn and rose wine is actually fermented red grapes juice, instead of properly fermented red grapes.

1 Like

8 Likes

those are some really sexy pans

2 Likes

Scrambled eggs w/ cheese, “southwestern style” hash browns (with the devil’s tomato sauce (ketchup)), and sausage for dinner

8 Likes

Spatchcock Chicken cause @lesser said it would be great.

And he wasn’t wrong.
giphy (31)

11 Likes

Since I am still working from home, I remain to enjoy eggs more often. Used to only be a weekend thing with several mushrooms to start (to which as a breakfast meal I came to call a “spore drive”) but zucchini has been my bulk base these days (I am more motivated to pick up veggies at the market as part of a CSA - thus pre-paid - than to buy food at the supermarket).

Also features a red onion.

7 Likes

Cooks faster and more evenly. Spend time on the prep to save time on the back end.

3 Likes

Pork and Ps…

11 Likes

Well, here you go. It’s what we ATE, past tense.

It WAS two of the most delicious Prime Rib steaks that I have ever barbecued. The MOST delicious, because I typically don’t succeed in grilling tender, juicy, medium-rare delicacies.

But wow (pat myself on the back), I finally got it right. The grill is a Weber, now pretty much now cured and aged, which, I guess, helps. I preheated it to 600F, and reduced the burners to minimum, which brought it down to 500F. I then dropped the two steaks onto the grills, but above two smoking boxes, so they were insulated from the direct flames.

I gave them almost exactly 7 minutes per side, and flipped them only once.

Wish you were here!

Seriously! With the isolation these days, we could REALLY use company.

Anyway, hope you like this past tense photo, as much as WE enjoyed it before past tense.

10 Likes

Steak night… found a nice 22 oz (630gram.) Porterhouse on sale. Baked potato with mushrooms sauteed with bacon chunks on top. Couple of prawns… olive-less greek salad.

And for those wondering how the steak was cooked…

18 Likes