Poll Syndicate

I'll let into a secret. Guys stop ageing mentally at around 16, after that it's just experience. I got my first computer in 1981 at 16 I have been playing games, building computers and generally been a nerd long before that was a common term. I'm a clan admin for a fps clan that has been playing together of around 15 years. The oldest member is in his sixties and the youngest in his mid thirties.

My first PC cost 3000DM (Deutsche Mark). Including crt and printer, I spent 5600DM on that which would be 2800€ today. That must have been arround 1992.
On that note: Does anyone remember floppys? Like the realy floppy pieces of black plastic that were expensive as hell compared to modern stuff?

1 Like

8 or 5 1/4 inch? jk.. Yeah my cousin used the 5 1/4 inch regularly back in the 90's. He's just shy of 40 now.

Five and a quarter, yea I remember them. I do remember buying my first three and a half drive. I was quite excited as I would be able to install Windows 3.1 on my 286.

I worked for IBM in the mid 90's in a hard drive fab plant. There were 8 inch floppies used in some of the older machines used to support the really big Kestrel hard drives still supported by the company.

Yeah i would say, just stop with this kind of nonsense guys.
Nobody is getting better from a nerved forum.
This forum is ment to be a nice place for everyone.

1 Like

No there's been genuine curiosity
The whole crashing thing and 70mp images is just lounge stuff

1 Like

I dont remember when a page has crashed on me ? Is it really a thing ?

3 Likes

It is for the 70MB pictures. I just do not get a reason anyone would upload pictures that size to a forum.

1 Like

Made me curious so im running this atm

UPDATE: It finally crashed and went to AW SNAP. Im happy now.

1 Like

Where does one click for scissor switches?

I know it hasn't come out yet,
but the pocketchip..

I'm still waiting for this post to crash my browser. Even Firefox on android haven't even crash yet

interesting

I did say almost certainly

Well, the wording almost certainly implies a pretty high probability of it happening. ;)

It only happens when 70MP images get put in a poll. And you open them from an older laptop

umm I had at least half a dozen tab crashes on my 4790k rig

Ive had one crash on a laptop with an i3.
4k crashes my walmart phone all the time however.

Doesn't crash at all for me on Chrome on my Nexus 6P

Ain't crashing my browser you scrubs

1 Like

seems to be for of a desktop issue