Return to Level1Techs.com

Poll Syndicate

community
poll

I already had my cheap laugh.

Imagine if you will: A future where one mg of thermal paste costs millions of dollars and a GB a RAM is twice as much. What do you use as a replacement?

• Butter
    butter
  • Moisturizing Cream
    moistureizer
  • Hair Wax
    hair%20wax
  • Toothpaste
    toothpaste
  • Banana
    Banana
  • Paper
    paper
  • Yellow Cheese
    yellow%20cheese

0 voters

Opting for no thermal paste instead

Intel already uses mayonnaise so that should be an option

little spoof of an article I saw the other day. The guy didn’t test mayo so I didn’t add it. Although, personally, I wish he did mayo and miracle whip to put that issue to bed once and for all. We all know miracle whip is a better solution than mayo.

100% pure beaver cowboy hat.

If opting for no thermal paste. Then use sand paper an make it have as much contact as possible. Even try to use a leather strop with stropping compound.

Or just use finely grounded ceramic material.

Or don’t touch it because heat spreaders are already smooth and decent coolers have good surfaces to begin with.

If memory costs that much, how the hell would this even be a problem worth considering?

idk @HK-47 it’s just a goof.

Isn’t Jif a peanut butter… hmmmn peanut butter… jif it is.

It is actually supposed to be pronounced that way, as even the creator has said so. I read something long ago that he used to eat jars of Jif peanut butter while coding, hence the pronunciation. But I don’t give a damn if that’s what he intended.

Chocolate

Invalid! You are admonished!

You can actually used chocolate. Polish the IHS with it until it has a good shine and then it can be used as a temp solution.

Not an option on the poll! Double the admonishment!

It is possible to use a salt instead of toothpaste. My grandmother met a very old women who was brushing her teeth with salt for her entire life and still has her own teeth. No crowns.

You don’t say. I wonder if my dentist would switch to Morton over Colgate.

YES. When I was a child we used salt all the time. I never had a cavity until I was told to switch to toothpaste.