Poll Syndicate

Yep similar to my mod, although I removed the SSD tray completely and waterjet cut a fan mount/hole on the back plate with a mounted a 120mm fan to pull the air the top fan was pumping in, I was considering the taller X model but it felt too tall for the space it would sit.

All I need now is a 3D printer to make vents that fit over the GPUs side exhausts to direct the hot air right to the exhaust fans, then the case temps should stay cool.

2 Likes

Which number driving test was sucessful?

• Never attempted+never passed
  • still haven’t passed
  • one hand count or less
  • two hands needed
  • shoes off…
  • never tried

0 voters

Obviously one might have taken 3 attempts to pass on car, then passed bike first time, and choose either 1 or handful

Failed my first one because I was reverse parking and a cyclist went around me, I was fully stopped and I saw him but the teacher said I failed because I didn’t, its pretty well known at least where I live where they just fail you no matter what to get more money which is sad.

3 Likes

Robots will make most of our human jerbz obsolete.
But, to whom Will they belong?

• Companies build them per job/task
  • Companies rent machines per sector
  • Independent humans own them, and send them in as proxies for themselves
  • We will find a way to eradicate the incoming robot threat
  • They will skynet us to Deth instead of replacing our work/jobs

0 voters

My boss reckons we can each buy a proxie. I reckon we gonna mostly be pushed to basic.

And by job, I mean the vast majority of office jobs, a huge percent of manual labour, and most of transport.
I presume a few inventors might keep their jobs, until machines can invent stuff.
Robot art is shit, so human artists will reign too… (Biased much‽)

1 Like

Transport will be the first one to go, manual labour in very simple tasks will rise (with wages plummeting), then collapse of global economy.

3 Likes

I suspect you are a little off…

Computers already cut down on call centre jobs, with increased automated phone systems.
Super markets lost a high percentage of basic staff with self check-outs. Floppy is a while away, despite White Castle, but it does actually exist and is (kinda) in use

For decades the automotive production lines have been automated, with more and more factories being automated.

Trucks are not even out of beta, let alone boats which I thought would be easier.

So I think you missed a bunch that is already a reality, and focussed in a publicity stunt that might take a while, and even then might be constrained to back haul/ long distance

(But, just my opinion)

2 Likes

We should move this to a dedicated topic.

1 Like

Grocery shopping method:

• Plan the entire week in advance for one big haul
  • Make a shopping list before hand
  • Know the recipes by heart, make the rest up as you go
  • (Mostly) Remember what you need
  • Buy whatever is on a discount
  • Only take things from other peoples shopping carts
  • Only take what others have forgotten to take from their carts in the carpark
  • Growing my own! Take that big Farmer!
  • Live off the off-gassings of random bio-matter

0 voters

4 Likes

I’ve been using Mealime to plan my meals. It gives you recipes and a shopping list based on what you choose and how many servings, so it takes all the thinking out of the process.

Still grab fast food once or twice a week, but for the most part stick to what I buy at the store.

3 Likes

Which is the lesser of two evils?

• OS that lets you sideload apps, but selectively enforces the rules for their official store based on political views.
  • OS that doesn’t let you sideload but seems to be less censorious in their official store.

0 voters

I’m having a hard time choosing. Because on one hand the obvious choice seems like the more open OS that lets you sideload would still allow you to run those apps, you just can’t get them from their store. Because as an enthusiast, I’m just like whatever I can still make it work.

But on the other hand, like 99% of people aren’t going to sideload anyways. That’s really an enthusiast thing. So if people aren’t willing to get apps from outside the store, what good does it do? While we, the enthusiasts, know how to work around the system, the company can still use their store to control political discussion (via the social media apps they do allow and make exceptions for) on a massive scale.

And then the other company, while they currently allow those certain apps on the store, they could remove them (and have done so in the past, but have since reinstated them) and then you have no way to work around the system.

According to Henry Cav… I mean Geralt of Rivia, If you are given a choice between a greater or lesser evil, its better to not choose at all.

7 Likes

you mean his Royal Perfectionness, breaker of hearts and wearer of perfect smiles of course ^^

7 Likes

Indeed…

3 Likes

Now I’m curious… was just talking to some of the offline friends and I’m apparently the only person that’s a member of any servers other than the one that we all use. Which was surprising. How do yall use Discord/how many servers are you a member of?

• None. Don’t use it.
  • 1 - 2
  • 3 - 5
  • 6 - 10
  • 11 +

0 voters

Active participation, two.
Member off, too many. I should sort the unused ones out.

2 Likes

Active on 4, partially on 4 others, the rest are for specific occasions that dont happen often.

I want to get off Discord and wanted to delete my old account but because I like the fine folks here, I decided to keep the account and use it just for gaming and gaming related use case. I also use the browser client exclusively.

So just 1 server. I used to have one for Eve but my local corp disbanded and got shutdown. So its just L1T

I’m a member of 3, but I rarely actually use Discord.

• One is a WoW guild which I’m no longer active in.
  • One is a server I made when my ex and I were together so we could chat and play WoW Classic.
  • One is my friend’s server that was just for us to play ESO, and he died in April but I haven’t left it.

How many M.2 Slots do you want on your system.

• 1-2
  • 5+

0 voters

Would you prefer 2 m.2 slots on the board and the rest be pcie slots instead or more m.2 ?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

This is so non descriptive…
I have single NVMe and single SATA M.2 slots. That makes it 2.
I’m fine with that.
Altho if I had a choice, I rather standard SATA port than M.2 SATA. On the other hand I rather NVMe than SATA M.2… So if I can have SATA M.2 I rather not. If I can have more NVMe - yes please.
Althi it’s really taking space, the M.2 slot, so maybe 2 or 3 NVMe is the best option with a bunch of SATA ports…