Poll Syndicate

Why not just have a 16x card with 4 m.2 slots on it? saves board space and lets you have more pcie addin cards

Like thats what i dont get about all these m.2 sockets on the board

3 Likes

Pete isnt m.2 sata like dead, its not even cheaper anymore

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess so… On the other hand my board is like 6 years old, so … pretty ancient.

2 Likes

Because it might either require PCI-E bifurcation, which not all boards support, so I’d rather not take my risks, or it has a PCI-E switch, which introduces latency.

We are at the point it shouldnt be as big of a problem

Back in June I started working on a VR flight sim rig and after some research I went for Honeycomb and Thrustmaster peripherals, but since June RTX3080Ti dropped a bit in price and RTX4080 is coming shortly and promising to do a lot for MS Flight Sim.

5800X3D is really bitch slapping anything else right now, yes even the Ryzen 9 7950X and Core i9 12900KS are ~27% behind in this one game.

The thing is I’ve been waiting for years now, first for MS Flight Sim to get the VR update, then for GPU prices to go down, then for Zen 4, and since UPS managed to lose my peripherals I have some time to build the PC and maybe gimp along with RTX3050 until the next gen nVidia comes along.

Anyways, what would you go for:

• Buy 5800X3D and wait for RTX4080
  • Wait for 7800X3D / Intel 13th Gen and RTX 4080
  • Just buy 5800X3D and RTX 3080Ti

0 voters

I have the opportunity to acquire an MSI Tomahawk B550 for my system, which is currently running an ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Professional, which at the moment is making me miss out on a few features such as PCI-E 4.0 (seeing as i have a PCI-E 4.0 compatible GPU and NVMEs are getting cheaper by the minute), but i also don’t intend to change my 3800x so soon, seeing as i believe it is quite sufficient for my needs.
So, should i:

• Buy the B550 Tomahawk
  • Keep the X370 Fatal1ty Pro

0 voters

What is the specific games you are playing with your PCIe Gen4? I also, I dont think we can hit the bandwidth limit of Gen3 yet? Not sure about next gen 4000 series Nvidia or 7000 series Radeon but IIRC we cant reach sustained limits of the Gen3, unless you are doing encoding or rendering.

2 Likes

At the moment I’m playing Judgement.
But you’re right, after I posted the poll I went to look after some benchmarks on 4.0 and 3.0 and they seem to be pretty matched.
Only thing would be the speed bandwidth for the SSDs, but then again for my usage it would be more luxury than need.

1 Like

I took my test with another female student the school had. I was going to ask her out but she failed her test. I failed my first CDL test. Did not swing wide enough on a left turn.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but at least you weren’t a creeper and didn’t take advantage of the vulnerable girl while down…

I hope you persevered and tried again (and again) till you got there?

I only have a car license, had to take the driving test twice because i didn’t make the manual uphill start properly on the first 2 tries.

1 Like

Need a new mouse for home gamery use.

• G502 (again)
  • G502X (the new fancy version)
  • Just use a brick with a wire
  • Other (specify)

0 voters

Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed

• cheap
  • wireless
  • similar in shape

I’m biased, because I use a wired Basilisk everyday.

1 Like

I strongly dislike wireless since my secret superpower is to always find myself with empty batteries.

1 Like

Same. I like muh wires.
I bought this unreviewed for 30 out the door.
Well specd for the price at the time.
It fit the bill, wasnt obnoxious w rgb, doesnt need software to cycle through colors (I leave on red as a night light and the only visable rgb). Its been a good enough fit for me.

1 Like

In that case just buy any name-brand brick with a wire.
My vote goes towards the mouse with a G502-esque shape, that is currently on sale in your region.

Asus ROG Chakram Core

I would have taken this over my current mouse but I’ve decided I wanted to try a wireless gaming mouse.

It has actual repairable parts!

Should I buy a black grille frame?
  • Yes, go for it!
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Honestly it’s up to you.
Do you like the stealth look? Can you afford it without this killing your more important purchases? If yes then go for it.
If you are just entertaining the thought - then don’t. It’s not anything important so save your money and time…

2 Likes