Photography from the community

Ah, yeah. Not sure if that was removed in a Discourse update?

You can still open image in new tab, and it’ll show the original size.

2 Likes

I’m on the latest versions of both?

It isn’t a browser thing. It worked before, it doesn’t anymore.
Same browser versions on multiple platforms/systems.

I know but not everyone does. Just wanted to let you know about it. :+1:

Took the dog out to a park down the road and saw some beautiful sunset colors. At least Iowa has that going for it!

1 Like

A random photo I got with an incredibly fucked up white balance on my phone. But i thought It looked cool.
before edits

After edits

Im shit at ps and ended up making it worse imo

2 Likes

Randomly snapped this one on my horrible Moto X Play camera while i was cleaning my computer the other day, the intent was to show how well the Strix keeps the dust away after almost a year of use, but i never used it, so here it is.

2 Likes

Aaaaaand, it’s back!

3 Likes

Got my first DSLR, the D3400, last week. Been trying it out (basically just all product shots) and I am really pleased with it.

1 Like

Making me jealous over here, those look really nice!

1 Like

Thanks, man. :slight_smile: The photos you’ve got up on here look awesome.

Thanks! I tried taking a few today as we went on a small hike and the day got progressively foggier, but the phone camera just sucks in muted tones, so everything looks washed out. I might actually try my hand at some editing again but GIMP is so different from Photoshop… and I was never great at that to begin with.

Amazon warehouse deals has some nice prices on (older) DSLR bodies but I wouldn’t even know where to begin, so I probably won’t :joy:

Being taken off of a phone, they look great! I could never get that kind of DOF or quality from my phones, but then again I never really went for higher end phones. What are you currently using?

Blockquote Amazon warehouse deals has some nice prices on (older) DSLR bodies but I wouldn’t even know where to begin, so I probably won’t :joy:

I wouldn’t really know either, but if helps I used a Nikon D3400 w/ 18-55mm lens. The D3300 is older but pretty much the same thing (from what I’ve heard) but I think misses some sharing features, just losing convenience really.

Someone is selling a D3300 on CL right now for $350 with the stock lense and that’s awful tempting… :thinking:

I don’t care much about sharing features so that’s not a big deal either. Don’t know if the wife would appreciate more crap lying around though!

1 Like

I would say don’t. You can get a D7000 maybe D7100 for that price and then use all the old Nikon lenses too. The D3X00 and D5X00 series can only use AF-S lenses because they lack the mechanical connections on the lens mount.

2 Likes

Found a few older photos, all edited to some degree I think (the first may not be, I don’t remember, but the directory it’s in suggests it was).

4 Likes

Me at sea, we get som beautiful sunsets there.

1 Like

I like your photo. I vicariously explored some foreign metropolis through it.
Out of lack of anything else to do, I then tried to seeing how far things could be stretched before the image looked completely stupid…

1 Like

Are you… Obama? Welcome to the community lol! Glad you liked my photo. This is an amazing edit bro.

what should i take photos of?