Personal Blog | Rant:30 vs The Tek vs Me Being Greedy

I'd lie if i said i didn't wonder how you guys get by financially. But would never call anyone (especially you guys) out on such a thing. You're informing people, educating, not to mention entertain too. So just keep doing what you're doing, and screw the assholes that try and shit on your work. There are plenty of youtubers who make tons of money on stupid material, good on them, but you guys definitely deserve more, and don't deserve being called out in such a manner. 

Anyway, just keep doing what you're doing and i wish you all the best !

I like the idea of uploading it separately in addition to 'The Tek', it's not for me, but someone else will like it...but a suggestion to avoid other confusion if I may?

In the video title you could add a reference to the Tek video it is from, e.g. "Your Smart TV is Watching You | Rant:30 (The Tek 0084)", or you could turn it into it's own web-series (though I personally prefer to have it all in 'The Tek' -- keeps the flow of irateness going!).

Would love to see a Wendell instigated Rant:30

I like that the Rant:30 segment is posted separately. 
It gives me something watch and imbibe along with tea/coffee before booking it to my next required task.  
Then later, at home for the day, I can set about watching the entire show. And, personally, I really don't mind that it's still included in the actual show. I would even go so far as to say that I enjoy that it is. After having a while to think on it, and consider it with yet still more information, sometimes I gain new insight in the matter or just have really find my stance on the topic at hand.

TL;DR~  The guy is being a total shithead and is evidently of the mindset that unless it's hard labor you're'a doin', then you may only exist in squalor. 

I personally dont mind the fact that its all in the tek. What might be useful to people however is if you had some time stamps in the 'about' section... could be helpful right? Especially for the long videos.

Thanks for the videos by the way, much fun and much information what what.

I like having Rant:30 both in The Tek and a separate video. It's handy for the reasons allready mentioned

I like the long videos, so I would think it would be a shame to cut rants. I have no problem with them being posted twice (As a stand alone and in the tek).It is not like you are forced to watch every single thing in your subscription-inbox-thingy anyway...

Timestamps would be nice for those who do not have the time though.

Now I am just wondering but why is it that the 'asshats' are against youtubers earning money? As in: why do they even care? They are not even paying to watch it! Are they just jealous and they think they could do better? Or are they just trolls?

Haters gonna hate. I personally don't mind either way but making the Rant:30 a separate video is actually a good idea in my opinion. Besides I can listen to that 8-bit intro/outro music all Effing day.

I think it's fine as-is.

It's impossible to please everyone and will be futile to try but you can do your best and put out good content and the majority will be happy. But there will always be that small percentage that just has to find something wrong and just start wrecking the community .

I run into these people in my work sometimes also , so I just tell them to find someone else or F off and being the best quality in the area for the work i do , sometimes they smarten up but 90% of the time they bitch and I just leave and then they beg, but I can see in the social network area dealing with these whiners could be a bit harder to deal with, especially there msg is there to be seen from everyone and then it hurts the subject and spreads the bad mojo.

You do a fine Job and you're here to make money like all of us and if people are upset over you trying to make a living I say fuck them and they can be removed permanently. Nobody has the right to tell you how to use your money to live and support your work ,NOBODY. If you want to buy a lion to do your opening scene so be it.

A lot of jealous(I'm jealous but different reasons lol) people out in that crazy world so this won't be the first time or last time, just have to deal with them promptly and erase them from existence , or leave them in the woods with honey smeared all over them.

Keep up the great work and don't try to satisfy everyone just makes working less fun, and if you can't have fun at work why do it.

There certainly seems to be a unanimous "Don't listen to the asshats", "listen to your gut" and "keep up the good work" -- community love.

Who cares about how one person feels about you re-uploading a segment from a video? Hell, sometimes I don't have time to watch the Tek so I'll watch the Rant 30 videos before I get a chance to watch the Tek later during the week or day. This is just a silly thing to react upon. You already do so much for the community, so don't let some ignorant "asshat" push you off a cliff because his world views are different than yours. So what if you make more money? I'm happy I can help someone financially when I enjoy their content. Anyways, if he already saw the Tek, then he doesn't need to click on the video. Simple as that. And if others share the same views as that asshat, then they can just suck it up or unsubscribe to your channel. They don't deserve to  be there anyways. Keep posting the fantastic content and you'll never let the true community down!

Logan these comments sound more like personal attacks and should be ignored.  You do not need to apologize or explain your lifestyle to anyone.  I think it's great that you are able to do what you love.  Remember we all have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", and if one person's pursuit is going better than some of us, well, more power to you.  I say keep doing what you're doing and hold your head up.

i like that you cut out the Rant:30, because of the exact reason you wrote Logan, i makes it easier to share, so its totally cool :>, i shared the Rant:30 video from yesterdays TEK on my FB page, and some people accutally watched it, had i shared the whole Tek video as i have previously done, none of my friends watch it.

Logan, I've been watching (and thoroughly enjoying) your videos for some time now. I've just recently signed up here on Tek Syndicate and I want to make it a point to echo the sentiments of many others that are here supporting what you and the rest of the crew contribute. These videos are not only an excellent source of tech information, they do so with a blend of seemlessly integrated entertainment that I find unparalleled by any other. No matter the format,, I believe you have a strong base community that will continue to support your endeavors. I find it to be of no inconvenience to click on a seperate thumbnail to watch a video, nor do I mind if it is all inclusive. The end result is the same, a dose of great information mixed with some maniacal laughter.

As for a person that criticizes such ancillary issues as the food you eat or your choice of beverage, I ask what gives them any basis for such judgements? Is this not primarily a tech show after all? It must be a priviledged lifestyle to have time to ponder such paramount issues. I sir applaud you for bucking mainstream trends and taking the initiative to eat and drink quality products. I would also like to encourage you to produce the aforementioned videos regarding these subjects as time permits. I'll conclude my own rant 30 here by simply saying thank you for all you guys do and to hell with the impertinent, overly invasive ass hats that believe they have any say whatsoever in the lives or business of others. Sort of sounds like a future politician to me..........just food for thought.

Mine has a mustache :c

I usually just skip the Rant:30 because I am too lazy to skip ahead 3 min in the Tek. So I vote you keep it in the Tek, and keep the Rant:30 videos as you are right about having a 50+ min video being scary to some.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Logan,

I just made an account to say i'm getting excited at the possibility of Mayo and Ketchup tutorials. Seriously I really dig your cooking style.

An of course it been a long time coming for me to make an account.

Please don't change it Logan.

I might have to borrow that in the future.

Thank you for posting the Rank 30's as separate videos.