Personal Blog | Rant:30 vs The Tek vs Me Being Greedy

Logan and Crew - First off, hold your head high. You guys are smart, mature, knowledgeable, and you exude genuine integrity. I also enjoy the often silly/edgy humor. I discovered you guys last January while helping my dad choose a new graphics card. He's 71 years old and is now a fan of The Tek. And yes of course, I am too. I think it was a good idea to address the question of greed. Integrity means a lot to most. Nip it in the bud like you just did and silence the naysayers and muckrakers with the truth.

Speaking at least for those of us in the US, we've got a serious case of attention deficit. Making the rant:30 segments available separately is a very good idea. That way they're not put off by the length of The Tek and they become informed. Yeah this put's Tek Syndicate in bigger circulation and may help you financially, but it's what I would call a win/win situation. And keep rant:30 included in The Tek, although I'm sure many would appreciate a time stamp to skip over it if they've already seen it. You know how fickle people can be. If you throw 'am a bone, they're appreciate it and make you more likable to them.

I honestly think that you should do what you think is right, I personally love watching your hour long videos because i always look forward to The Tek, Even if it's about political blibitybloosh, It's always fun, Exciting, Entertaining, And above all else, Educational, But what i say is only one person, i can not speak for anyone else, As i said, Do what you think you should do. If people don't like it, Then Tek Syndicate is not for them.

Logan man, i feel that you want to do the best job possible but keep in mind that you cant please everybody. Focus on doing what you feel is right and the community will support you.As for the rant 30 i dont mind if you do it separately or not either way i will be watching. 

...It's perfect

Oh Logan the ass holes do come out some times don't they. I have run my own business and fully understand the reality of how much time it takes. My wife was thrilled if I took 1/2 of Sunday off some times. Of course you have to watch budgets in both your work and life as being self employed demands that. The line between the two gets very blurry. I am disheartened that anyone would think they have a right to comment on your personal life down to what you even eat and drink. What a sad excuse for the human species. You expect crap from You Tube as the shallow end of the gene pool appear to reside there. I know you have a thick skin just doing this website because you have to post on You Tube. I wish you all the very best in your endeavours to grow this website and your loyal fans don't give a rat's behind what you eat, drink, or where you run you business from. 

As far as the videos I enjoy watching the entire 50 or so minute videos on a Sunday morning when I have time to enjoy them. I will also watch the condensed versions where you just use a part of the video such as Rant 30. I am not so pitiful that I cannot watch it again, or skip over it when I watch it in it's entirety. 

Keep up the great work. I know it is very difficult and time consuming. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows you are not floating in cash because you do this. If anything you should be very proud that you have survived and been able to grow this website as well as you have. Many come and go because they are not simply good enough and don't have good financial management skills to run a business. Congratulations, and keep up the great work.

Just release The Tek before Rant 30's separate video. The only reason I watched Rant 30 on its own is because it came up on my feed before The Tek. Even then I was only mildly bothered....so I skipped it the second go around. No big deal. Totes def do cooking videos. Totes def.

Logan, these episodes really great, I don't think you should split it up into separate videos. Your channel would lose a sense of coherentness and I think I wouldn't watch it as much as I do now.

If you are planning to split it in separate videos, tho, please please please still upload the full size episodes, I really enjoy watching them.

Logan, dude, I honestly sighed when i noticed that I had already seen RANT:30
But you know what? I get it now! i'm an asshat *damn*

I watch every single video you post and love you guys for doing what you do and helping us ignorant people go through the right path.

I wanna stress it's also kind of hard to give feedback as I live in Argentina and although I know english, sometimes feeling an ass is part of being on a diferent culture... Rambling here..

Love theTek. Just keep doing your thing. We appreciate that you take the time to do separate videos of the dif section.

Bye

Do whatever you want. You run the sodding website anyway... idiots be damned! No but in all seriousness just publish the Tek first and then put out Rant:30  afterwards and have it be a highlight from the Tek. Do whatever you have to do to keep Tek Syndicate running, its not greed it survival. 

Wait, so if the syndicate uploads chunks of longer videos in addition to the main ones, they could potentially make more money?

Well then shit bro, go for it! You guys make great content, if you make more money then you'll make more great content. If your content starts sucking for some reason then I won't come back. Pretty simple.

Nothing wrong with making money doing what you love. That's what I want out of my life too, and anyone who has a problem with that has a poverty complex pure and simple.

And for what it's worth, there's no money better spent than on quality food (and beer). I studied agricultural systems in college and founded a farm to table restaurant, and I can tell you that money spent on local food will do more to enrich lives in your region (including yours) than donating to pretty much any charity you can think of. Nuff said.

Might have to donate again so that you don't buy piss in a can. Bud is crap, PBR is only good when it is free. I do love Rainier though. 

Either way ...you have every right to split videos however you like to make some money of youtube and i will click on those adds. Why the F you couldn't earn money for doing all this? I'm pretty sure you guys spend A LOT OF time doing only this, and i'm not paying it! Google is, and i will be happy to click those adds as much as i can to help you guys out, i respect you very much, i wish more earth general population is smart and cool.

I really don't know why that guy though you are not allowed to make money of youtube, even if that was not te purpose of reposting videos, but you should leave his comment as it is, i bet people would tell him same thing that i did just now.

Either way is fine with me. No split it or not I will watch, like, and enjoy all the content you guys put out so long as the style does not, ever, change.

Ive been a fan and follower since 08 watching Tigerdirect inbox to get your advice on hardware just to get that out of the way.

Separating Rant 30 into a separate video because of demand doesnt mind me the bit, and it also gives you more revenue which is great, i dont understand the mindset of someone complaining about splitting free content making it easier viewable and available for people only interested in that.

I think the only issue I have with this is "Order" If "The Tek" was released on Friday, then on Saturday, or later in the day on Friday, the Rant:30 video was released as a second video, everyone who watched "The Tek" would be like.. cool.. already watched it. They also may hand it to friends, who don't watch the show, and only need to share that snippet. I'm not sure where anyone gets the idea that it would generate "More" revenue. If 40k people watch "The Tek" and 10K people watch "Rant:30" who wouldn't have seen it otherwise, we haven't doubled up on anything. We've given members another avenue to either share the content, or it may attract additional viewers.

Dont worry about hatin' ass haters.  Youre doing a great job and a service to those that care.  Personally I love that you are breaking out the rant:30 segment because as you said its easier to share with those not already in the know.

Its informative and specific to to current topics.  Its good to have break out content because it will help with getting this content out to those that simply don't know you guys exist.  Similar to the "has apple really ever invented anything".  That lone video is what turned me on to the Tek.  I share the breakout videos on my facebook and google + feed as well as via word of mouth.  I hope that its generated at least a few more subscribers.

TL;DR - Youre doing fine.  You have awesome chin hair.  You have fans that support you.  I want a shirt.

also .. another +1 for your food videos.  I would love to see you make your own condiments, bread, tortillas etc.

Its one thing to have something to say about the show...but quite another to criticize how you live your life. Where you live what you eat or drink is no ones business but yours. I think the rant 30 posts are a good idea. A short 5 to 10 minute video is a easy way to spread the word on a subject that people should know about.