Personal Blog | Rant:30 vs The Tek vs Me Being Greedy

Logan I've been following you since around the 80k subs mark and I not only support and approve of everything your doing and the way your doing it. I also not hope that things continue to look up. Ignore the ignorance as much as possible and push forward brother. What you are doing is great and has so much potential. I love this community and I also love how much you support us. 

Cheers man.

I like that idea of making mayo and ketchup vids, please do. I never made homemade ketchup and I would be interested to see how you do it. :)  Also regarding the separate Rant:30 videos, I have no problem with them. I would maybe suggest to not always do it unless you have an extra long segment or if its vital information for everyone to share over the Interwebs asap. But yeah, be careful not to feed any trolls :P

I think you should just keep doing what you're doing and keep it in the Tek and post it separately because half of the time I watch the Tek multiple times during the week and it is nice to be able to watch just the Rant: 30 if I don't have a lot of time or to share it and so what if you're making a couple extra bucks it sounds like a win - win to me. 

Watcher from the UK here , watch all the uploads and from linus aswell, Keep up the excellent work logan, Should come visit the UK :)

Well Logan, you've made some claims about food that I find a little hard to believe. Not because I don't believe that you can save money by making food yourself, but because you said you're only paying 1/4 or 1/3 of the regular price. And since saving money on food could *REALLY* help me build up my savings *cough, cough, Gaben.TV, NewEgg, cough, cough* I would definitely love to see more videos on how you manage to save so much. (I've been trying to do something like that for a while, but I haven't been able to. I live in TX, so any help would be appreciated. Maybe a blog post instead of a video might help more, with some spreadsheets and GoogleDocs to help it work?)

In regards to separate videos... I don't mind. If I find the Rant:30 part of the video in The Tek video I'm watching, I skip until it's over. No biggie. And yeah, it also helps if I want to share a short video with a friend instead of a huge video with a timestamp on it. (Although I don't share many YouTube videos anyways.)

You also mentioned an Editor for the Tek. Do you mean someone to do the video editing, or is it more of someone to do the writing, research of interesting topics for the Tek, proof-reading, reviewing the content said/talked about (fact-checking) ? Could you maybe write the responsibilities, skills and qualifications needed for the Tek Editor position you're talking about? Maybe some nice bullet points and some concise descriptions might help.

Anyways, cheers!

Leave it all in! I think we can all agree that the Rant 30 jingle always cheers us up a little from the depressing news of the world. :)

It's okay to get angry once in a while. If people didn't get angry about something, nothing would get done, right?

Logan, yes i understand what he means by that where it does generate more money yes. understandingly so you give back to us with the money you make, that degenerate doesnt understand the cost of living etc. and the house in the woods is awesome, i like it better than the other place. honestly i like having both the Tek and Rant 30, i even enjoy rant 15 but none the less keep it the way it is, theres no need to change the whole essence of tek syndicate productions just because some dumbass said something crude

People that don't want to hear what you have to say don't have to watch. Those people are also the immature asshats that you speak of... This community wouldn't be full of the good people that it is if you didn't do things the way you did them. Making the asshats mad keeps them away, while it keeps the people you want here. 

I for one love the personal atmosphere here, I think its awesome that you sit at your desk with a GRAPHICS CARD COASTER and drink beer in front of us. How badass is that?? That is one of the things that drew me in.

Regarding rant:30- I wish you uploaded them all separately, I agree with them 99% of the time and would love to share them with my friends (like thethe one about the Xbox one) without having them to see a long video. Anyone who accuses you of being a pompous prick doesn't understand what you're trying to do here- build a community of mature and respecting members. 

My point- keep doing it, and if for no other reason, keep doing it to make the asshats even more mad. Then they'll leave. I hope. 

Best of luck.

Because timestamps don't always work properly, I prefer separate videos for sharing but I also want to see Rant:30 when I watch full episodes of Tek so keep doing what you are doing, Logan.

And I would also be interested in videos about making some decent entry-level food. Can't be arsed to learn to cook by myself because everything seems too bothersome to make.

So many asshats, so little time.... I don't mind what is done with rant:30... I listen to the entirety of all the videos anyway so I'm pretty indifferent, though I did find it nicer to have Rant:30, as it was easier to fit in 2 medium-sized videos into my timetable instead of one giant one and the video being separate did add some emphasis to the topic being discussed and made me think a bit more on the matter 

TL;DR - I don't mind, but it is a bit nicer to have them separate.

P.S. More cooking videos would be appreciated, I'm a terrible cook and I find the videos interesting.

Logan, I like your Rant:30s they give a good preview of The Tek episode to come. It's similar to what Key and Peele do to promote their longer comedy central segments. They post a shorter clip on the comedy central youtube account and tell people to go watch their full episodes on tv.

Clipping out Rant 30 I liked, for exactly the reason it was done. To share with other people that don't wanna sit for the whole show. And spread the word. Also what I think you guys should make the tek then clip it down to like a 5 min video with all the details of the show. I'll share that. Get people interested. Kinda like on TV how they have previews of the show about to air. And I didn't read the first part entirely but I skimmed through it. It sounds like you are trying to explain your life style. Eff that, you don't need to explain your lifestyle, or make reason for it. That's what you do and that's cooler then anything else. And if someone tried calling you out on that. We don't need a troll like that. !VOTEBAN 

But true fans don't even care. We just want the Tek. And we like your opinions(if not, you always ask for ours) and to be informed. 

Forgot something, Being a beer conesuer is great, appreciation for taste and quality rather than redneck voice* LETS GET DRUNNK

Having lived in Germnay for 7 years and being able to drink at 16 i have a strong appreciation myself for beer and wine and things of sophistication as such, dont take offense to having hatorade from an ignorant person.

Asshat

What's with the dog face in place of Hitch's? Just curious.

This is Merica...Get rich or die trying. Most of us know you have great intentions. I have watched you do tek stuff since Tiger. Capitalism Merica..the complainers can burn in a fire :) Live each day one middle finger at a time. 

Logan, i think you should keep things how it is. The thing is, if I find Rant 30 to be a really important one, like you had for LG smart T.Vs.. then it would be stupid for me to share a 30 min video and tell them that go to this part of the video.. I knw not everyone will have time to do what i say.. instead, when it's in a separate video, i don't have to do anything. Plus, the people won't need to do anything, but just get exactly what they want to see (as in what specific news i share like the LG thing).. at one point, i thought of sharing the Rant 30 video because it was a seperate one.. but was too busy and forgot about it.. :P  the point here is that it just encourages me to share your content when its in a separate video

Logan you are awesome, that is just what you need to know. People on you tube are going to accuse you of greed because well they just do mainly out of jealousy. Personally I love the separation because I can watch the long video at home and the shorter video at work on my lunch so ya lol.

It's my facebook persona, I just used the same one with G+

I'm a video post-editor/audio engineer, but I live in Canada.  :(

I have a Fiber 1Gbps connection though, The Tek want to move in??? :p