Official Nintendo Switch Discussion and Updates Thread

"I'd like a dry martini, Mr. Quoc, a very dry martini. A very dry, arrid, barren, desiccated, veritable dustbowel of a martini. I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area. Mix me just such a martini."

1 Like

My favorite is still:

"I'm going to disguise myself as a giant olive and sink to the bottom of a large Martini."

1 Like

I am super excited for the Switch! I haven't given a shit about Nintendo in a very long time. So for me to be excited is awesome!

I of course like lots of people have questions. such as:
Price?
Specs?
Battery life?
Wii/U games?
3DS games?
eShop game transfer?(exp I own zelda BGA games on 3ds, will those move over?)
GC/SNES/N64/NES eShop games?

Last rumor i heard was the screen was 900p and when its plugged into the dock thing and running on tv the target is 1080p 60fps.

So if we estimate the power of the Switch is comparable to the xbone or ps4, then you can say, ok, they're going to have all the same games except for console exclusives, and you can buy the ps4 pro or xbox scorpio for higher resolution, or you can buy the nintendo switch and have it mobile. And i think the mobility plus the nintendo exclusives is decently compelling especially considering how few people have a tv that is a higher resolution than 1080p. The beauty of it is that we know that ps4 pro and xbox scorpio games will run on the regular ps4 and xbone, so we know that developers will be committed to developing at the same graphic level as what the switch will be capable of for quite some time.

Nintendo has done very good with handhelds and so yes they may do very well with this but the knocks against it are that these publishers/developers are going to be putting games that were not on the Wii U that are old and really are people going to want to spend big money to buy this stuff? Also it looks like the controllers on the side are motion controllers. Are people really going to want to do that sort of gaming again? Now yes the cartridge thing is a plus as it means people own their games but many people likely already own the games that will be on this thing. How about battery life? This thing supposedly will be playing Skyrim and other games and therefore I believe this thing will draw more power so if battery life is not good what is the point? Oh and as for this outselling PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio the only reason it will do that if it happens is because people are still holding onto the older versions of those consoles. Thing is though with the way the world works I think just wanting the new shiny is what most want and PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio under the hood will be better than this by far and thus I think you shouldn't assume Nintendumb will win this battle.

1 Like

Will they deliver 60 FPS at 1080p though with at least medium graphics on this thing? If not LOL.

$299 base, $399 for combo.

nVidia Tegra w/ Pascal GPU running the custom NVN API. Storage capacity/medium is still TBD it seems.

TBD.

Unlikely, the Switch uses cartridges. Games may be ported via DLC, we'll see.

Quite possible, due to similar cartridge media for games.

I expect they'll keep the online stores active for streaming/DLC gaming onto the device just as the Wii and Wii U had. Wouldn't make sense to remove all that for the console that seemingly is built to benefit from it.

You should see my steam profile... I have a quote on there about how "she gave her body to science, time and time again - Hawkeye"

Oh, and there's also... "ok, only one drink... but a big drink... how big? Imagine a basketball as the olive... ok!"

1 Like

it has been far too long, i loved that show. Downloading it now :p

1 Like

leak/rumor

Technically the blog post said "based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards" Which doesn't say Pascel, but I agree that is likely.

I hope so!

1 Like

But it is in line with the general pricing of performance oriented tablets and competing consoles. It's not likely that far off the mark, if at all.

I'm out...

"redefined console" is a bit of a laugh. it's a more powerful WiiU with a dock and removable controllers. which worries me because my last comfortable-to-hold handheld was the Gameboy sodding Colour. they seem to make these things for people with tiny hands, and then put 47 tiny buttons all over the bloody thing so there's no-where to rest your hands comfortably.

K. Bye. :)

3 Likes

I agree, but it is still a rumor. One I do think it correct.

I wonder what the base comes with and what the combo comes with.

my guesses

Base: Switch(Screen and 2 side controllers), Dock, and maybe that controller that the sides slide into.
Combo: Same as base plus 1-2 games and the normal controller

Huh, source? I wanna see!

Why would nintendo want to compete. They're the only real console company left.

1 Like

the base has to come with at least one game.

Yeah I suppose that is highly likely, so maybe 2 games with the bundle then