Official Nintendo Switch Discussion and Updates Thread

Pascal-based, awesome (I think).

We are talking around 1 TFLOP, for a mobile system.

Around a Radeon 7750 GHz Edition on a tablet. That's damned impressive.

1 Like

and the screen is im guessing 720p, I'm sure textures on games can be cranked up pretty high.

1080p I think.

Yeah, if only I could have an x86 tablet with that performance along with a decent CPU (Like a i5/i7 HQ or Zen)

Original Xbox. Shipped with a custom configured GeForce 3 Ti 500.

2 Likes

would be much bulkier than this.

Figured if there was one, it would have been the xBox.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the latest tegra

Nevermind, it is. Didn't see the post by scrolling up

Yeah, which is why it wouldn't sell well, but hey, I will take the trade off myself. We might need a bigger and/or better batteries though for the sake of battery life. Better bulky than running 85 C and low battery life.

On another note, there was plans for the 3DS having Tegra, but that changed.

Yep. I find it funny that people are just now starting to think consoles are similar to PCs. In 2002 the Xbox was a Pentium III 733MHz, 64MB PC-1600 DDR, and a GeForce 3. It was a PC condensed into a single board.

But it was more than that. The Xbox wasn't much like PC in terms of online features and everything. Only the hardware of the Xbox was similar, other than that, there was worlds of difference. Older PC games don't even have Xinput Controller Support, I have to emulate a controller basically to play GTA III with a controller. Very few games at the time had automatic controller support.

But the games were made in conjunction with DirectX, just like a good portion of PC games during and following that era. Pretty sneaky way for Microsoft to push their struggling DX/D3D APIs into the PC gaming scene.

1 Like

I think it's time to buy nintendo stock..

I guess amd is going straight into the toilet

Off topic, I've just noticed you have Hawkeye Pierce lamenting over the driest martini as your icon. You have excellent taste. :)

1 Like

AMD Has PS4/Xbox One/Xbox One S/PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio...
NVidia only has the NX.

I don't think that many people are looking for a generic proprietary PC with restrictions...Besides, Nintendo has done good with Handhelds, where the fuck has Sony been, the PS Vita died faster than the Wii U (A shame really, PS Vita was nice, but lacks games). And Microsoft doesn't have handheld gaming systems (yet).

Besides, this will outsell the PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio I wager. Unless Nintendo royally screws up with this idea.

1 Like