[Official] 2021 L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

I was pretty much expecting it would be that

What is it suppose to be?

Link to LTT store might have been a better troll…

1 Like

You can scan it with your phone to discover, or if you have enough knowledge of Internet culture, then you know what it is :wink:

1 Like

I dont have a way to scan qrcodes, not everyone has a smart phone, why I asked. :smiley:

1 Like

You surely have a phone, that’s all you need, phone QR code app…
If you are feeling lazy:

@sprouts87 @dexmaster @AlaniCat

8 Likes

We made another map art :slight_smile: @sprouts87 @dexmaster

15 Likes

I am impressed guys.
Someone send this to Bryan Heemskerk - maybe forum admins.

Very well done!

3 Likes

i had just organized all the footage for the editors to get to this week, gonna have to add this as last minute! so cool!

7 Likes

If you want a copy of a map use Cartographer table (there are a lot of them near spawn :slight_smile: )

P.S. Removed some of maps so it’s a bit cleaner, and made a few duplicates so you can take some for your own use near spawn:

3 Likes

The barrel that the Wendell pic is in is claimed by @VerbotenViscus, fyi. Outstanding work by all on the pics!

1 Like

moving it now :smiley:

2 Likes

@daphatgrant, I moved around some barrels, and checked all are accessible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hmmmm looks like there is an extra barrel. Another map art must be made to fill it!

4 Likes

yes that @VerbotenViscus claim has caused no end of misery.

2 Likes

yes original artwork by http://www.bryanheemskerk.com/ i just hacked it :smiley:

3 Likes

I know I would be honored if someone took my art and put in the time to reproduce it on a map level scale.

There is a 5m video of him doing free form painting for Star Renegade on Massive YT channel.

Edit - not pixel art

1 Like

I don’t know about the others, but I’m really curious about the process you use to convert a graphic to a schematic file. I imagine you probably scale it to 128x128 pixels and run some sort of quantization on it to get it to one of the 16 carpet colors (or other slab colors available). Would you be willing to share the process with us?

1 Like

It’s relatively easy process, the hardest part was image preparation, removing and adding stuff so it looks good in pixelated form. (this part is done in basic editor GIMP and Paint.NET in our case)
Then use MapartCraft to convert to correct set of blocks or just image.

P.S. you can tweak image and reupload it into website you will have different result, there is also additional image processing there too.

4 Likes