Next LanSyndicate Ideas/Brainstorming

+1 for more centrally located. i really tried to make it this time, if it was drivable i would have. Kansas City, St. Louis, Twin Cities???? I'm in Madison, wi and chicago would be amazeballs too. .

edit: also if it was more midwesteros, i could potentially bring a very large and/or intricate P.A. if that helps :)

double random drunk edit: found ren & stimpy on hulu. holy nostalgia batman! i was wondering how to explain my gen to my pops the other day. considered telling him, don't watch it, but if you really want to know, deadpool. but ofc that would give him a heart attack . so! happy! happy! joy! joy! done.

1 Like

I'd love to see LanSyndicate in Europe, to reach even more of the community (myself included of cause).
Though that would probably require quite a bit more work :/ but one can dream

haha, yup! truly central.. a barge in the middle of the atLANtic..tap right into the | .

Wichita Kansas? Literal middle of the country!
And an hour way from me :)

It would be nice if you would time the event during spring break, or after school is out. Us students want to come too!

2 Likes

MO or KS?

Host it in the UK.
XD

We are limited by the dates that are available at the venue.

@Dje4321 Those are the same city.

1 Like

Would be fun, but travelling with guns is a hassle on top of a PC. But I guess that is what rentals are for.

1 Like

not when you have pickup truck

1 Like

My Suggestions:

1. Middle of the US (but I'm sure Tek crew is already seriously considering Kansas City... the most central city in the continental US).

2. After Tax Season the biggest factor for me... I couldn't go this year because it fell on the last weekend of tax season

3. MOAR Stouts plz I recommend Lagunitas Imperial (though that is really pricey where I live) Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald is pretty good (and cheaper) though I'm not sure of its availability.

4. I do like the idea of having a Nerf/Paintball war... (I only leave out Airsoft cuz i don't have airsoft stuff).

1 Like

May ride with @Braysive

1 Like

I can bring a Cisco Catalyst 3750G next time if it will help in any way. Or a Cisco ASA 5510(with unknown config)
Also I work in IT and if given notice will go out early to help setup.

Guys, if need be we could organize a nerf /airsoft/ paintball war ourselves. OR we could rent out a nearby area ourselves and do it, saving the tek some headache. I wish we could do that laser tag though, it looked sick.
Another thing after tax season (thanks for reminding me @ThatBootsGuy) and on a weekend are pretty huge things that should be looked at, we are making the even very hard to attend for a lot of people if we can't at least do one of those.

Does anyone know the legality of having a "beerluck"?
Does that sound interesting if it's legal?
(wouldn't be event wide, probably a micro event within the event)

The only thing stopping us before was Washington's goofy liquor laws. Just about anywhere else you can walk around and drink your own liquor as long as
A. you are on private property
B. the property owner and/or even organizer don't specifically state otherwise

However I think next time everyone should buy the drinks from the event. Had that been the case in WA they wouldn't have lost money on the whole thing.

2 Likes

Screw Nerf (unless it's at the event)

http://www.maccairsoft.com
We are having airsoft. Look at this location.
We should ask to get drone footage too, as long as Noone shoots them down or spies with them.

I think they'd likely encounter a lot of the same issues of control as they did in WA if they were to hold it on a campus.