Minecraft 2022

11 Likes

oh, you people :joy:

2 Likes

Hehe. that’s actually quite close to my “base”. You can see part of my tower in the top-left.

More pictures

3 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce I have noticed that the dynmap isn’t updating and it seems like it only updates when the server restarts but last year it did it automatically when an area was loaded long enough. If you have time it would be nice if you would look into that. Thank you

2 Likes

Finally catched a thunderstorm:

13 Likes

Is this cross-platform? I’ve been trying to figure out how to selfhost on my local machine a cross-platform minecraft server. Purely asking for my own information.

1 Like

Yes!
The Minecraft server software is written in Java, which makes running it on different platforms easy.
You can host from Windows, Linux, MacOS, BSD’s, - even on different architectures! I’ve even ran a Minecraft server on arm64 once!
You just need to install a Java runtime. You can use OpenJDK or Oracle Java. Both should run Minecraft just fine, but I’d recommend OpenJDK.

2 Likes

AH!

Pardon my poor wording. Was thinking along the lines of myself who uses PC and a relative that uses xbox. That requires the bedrock addition no?

EDIT: working to wording, thats what I get for typing while working

1 Like

All good, I’m not a native english speaker either :stuck_out_tongue:

There totally is software to do what you want:

I’ve never used it myself, but if you setup a server using it, all Minecraft editions should be able to play on the same server.
The server setup is somewhat involved, but basically involves the following:

• setup papermc(recommended server software for a Minecraft Java edition server)
  • install the geysermc spigot-compatible plugin on the server
  • Setup Floodgate plugin to solves the “online-mode” problem(required so bedrock edition players don’t need to buy Java edition)
  • Set enfore-secure-profile: false in the server.properties(not supported by geyser yet)

See Geyser Setup for details.

3 Likes

I recently discovered a minecraft clone in linux and I was surprised by its quality it is janky has lots of issues but its dang good enough for single player

3 Likes

Challenge: I am in the middle of a divorce and my kid bounces between homes. Due to the expenses of a divorce I am short on cash, but my kid loves Minecraft and Roblox. I am looking for the cheapest possible way for him to play when he goes to her house. He has an okay PC here to play on and he has a switch but he mother is not attentive to him when going out and about and has left his switch multiple places thus the switch stays here. I am looking for something stationary at her house. I am thinking like Mini PC or a console but I am trying to do this on the cheap. In this case I want the minimal viable product and prefer small and portable but probably not a switch or something that he could take with him and leave behind somewhere.

Do you have any kind of a budget in mind? I have about 0 knowledge of consoles so any advice that I am going to be able to give is going to be pc related.

1 Like

budget would really help… doesn’t matter if its $2000, $1000, $500, $100 or even $10, just a sort of round abouts figure :pray:

Summary

help-us-help-you

1 Like

Hello Minecraft People

We are doing a group screenshot map art, FRIDAY 8-10 pm EST ( Saturday for some… ) around normal PGP stream time. spread then news… if you see anyone online. This list is a work in progress so if i have forgotten anyone let me know and i will update.

☒ YamiFrankC
☒ sprouts87
☒ Drowseytree
☒ GamerGirl
☒ AlaniCat
☒ FamousNerdMan
☒ DexMaster
☒ Vargonian
☒ Folie1234
☒ Paws1313
☒ _xbst
☒ GigaBuster
☒ SgtAwesomeSauce?
☐ Sent_To_Dev_Null
☐ Kreestuh?
☐ TheKillerBit
☒ SquashySmash
☐ VerbotenViscus
☐ Caidan
☐ Techisattva
☒ MooseAirE
☐ SpicyDuckPerson?
☒ Sausage
☐ Dunastrig

Like this but with everyone

@Techisattva @MooseAirE @GigaBusterEXE @Squashy @SgtAwesomesauce @Sausage

11 Likes

I’ll try and remember, I’ve got a bad memory and bad with being punctual

1 Like

Could try this https://parsec.app/ @AlaniCat uses it to play Minecraft sometimes.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem.

thank you to all who attended. the map is now being constructed.

3 Likes

It’s Done. 6 Map arts, which i think @FamousNerdMan built most of :slight_smile: with @dexmaster and @AlaniCat helping. And we cant forget @Squashy restocking our carpet chests, oh and Folie1234 placed at least 3 carpets.

@dexmaster has suggest we do an additional map for the people you missed out, again sorry but it was a tremendous amount of :cat2: herding as it was :expressionless:

People in the mapart tl to br; SquashySmash, paws1313, VerbotenViscus, vargonian, sprouts87
dexmaster, GigaBusterEXE, MooseAirE, FamousNerdMan, AlaniCat, folie1234, Techisattva.

To construct we used, MapartCraft & Litematica.

15 Likes