Microboard 4k 40" Monitor - Sexy all-Metal Display | Tek Syndicate

I'm seriously thinking about getting one, although I'm still perfectly happy with my dual 27" 1080p monitors.

That could be the deciding factor for me to either stick with an A399U if it was slightly quicker or upgrading to the industrial look of the Microboard.

so now its out of stock and other offers for the same monitor are like 50 bucks more expensive...

could you oc it btw?

Stick with a399u, if pmw do not bother you. You received a good unit; keep it !!!!!!! I said previously, for some reason, I prefer the A399U, display wise..............that is me of course. I have tried, 404K, A399U and A409U. I have what I like. For some reason, I am a bit leary with Microboard s marketing strategy.
My son has Crossover 404K, and I have 1 A399U and 2 A409U; no fucked pixels.
If I listened to myself, I would buy everything that comes out in the hope of getting better. However I prefer to start with a good product, AMH is proven, and tweak it to my liking, or close to it. There are always compromises to be made.
I imagine our perfect monitor; it would probably cost 2 or 3 ks...........................
I use all 3 for gaming, my son with the 404K, and I am not twitch, but appreciate top notch display quality. AND I HAVE THAT. :-) :-) :-)

do not forget , all these measurements are made within strict parameters and with restrictive environnement.
You like your 399, and it is no bad pix..KEEP IT, there is a lottery for receiving a good intact unit, you won once !!!
want to tease lady luck again ???????
Human nature, always going for the impossible; If they were readily available, there would not be that fuss. (IMO)

EDIT IMPORTANT:Key Takeaways
When reading a published input lag figure, find out if it’s taken using the traditional stopwatch cloning/ high-speed camera method or with the newer Leo Bodnar lag tester device. Because the latter generally returns a higher number than the former, comparison between different displays is most meaningful when the same method is used.
The camera method would appear to take into account the difference caused by a plasma’s subfield driving method in a way which the Leo Bodnar lag tester does not.
For the photo method, an input lag between 16ms and 33ms is good; ≤ 16ms is excellent.
A Leo Bodnar-derived figure between 25ms and 40ms is good; ≤ 25ms is excellen

the website seems to state that there's a picture in/by picture mode, which can emulate 4 1080p screens. Have you tried it? If so how well does it work? it could be pretty cool to have 4 pcs hooked up to this and be able to use them all for a split screen lan party, or maybe a console and pc on the same screen or more seriously, having a linux and windows run on parallel without any emulation?

1 Like

I took a picture showing "multiscreen" functionality(it's an OSD menu option). Mind you I did this while watching a movie via cable box and have not tried splitting with multiple sources. It will mirror a single source into 2 screens(leaving pane #3 and #4 blank), but I'm sure someone else with multiple systems will try this with soon.

Don't mind the brightness on the right, other screen has Gmail up and blew out that side of the image with brightness.

When you select the "PBP4win" option it shows a small box on each screen showing the source input, so I'd only assume it would show each source independently if you had 4 sources plugged in.

1 Like

Yep I intend to it was initially a temp purchase before spending a lot more on a 21:9 but it's too useful and yeah no defects beyond the known traits. I'll either find some way to use the two formats on my desk or worse case it'll go downstairs and replace my aging 1080p plasma.

Between me and you; we, and a few others, got the cream (of the A399U s ).............I would not, under any circumstance, get rid of my 399.
They make a fuss with the ...sexiness... of the monitor......................I like the sexiness of the rendition I get!!!
AMH, for me , have the kind of display quality rendition; that is to my expectencies.
They are used for : Photo viewing; gaming, surfing, foruming (made that one up ) and steaming Netflix, either though pc or streamBox.
I wish everybody to get what they......(not want) ......desire; and find amazement in their discovery of the 40 inch , the new minimum requirement...........(for us maniacs) (IMO)

edit = 1 Like I said I would like to compare to Microboard B400.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but.$$, Yes I do think, it looks like a great unit.

Well there were many other factors to take into account. Back in the days it was a good deal.

Not only a good deal, they were the top.........accepted as medical displays for analysis .............and one of the best if not the best display quality at then time. I used to repair them. VERY well made, and worth every penny. (dollar)

Please read this :http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag VERY IMPORTANT

This is cool. Wish they had a sort by 4k and display port boolean

This explains, for me anyway, why the numbers do not match reality; but I would really like to know what to make of it.
I am at the point were I am gonna bring back up the 21 iyama. (and break my back) the A409U is quite adequate for playing; and according to the article 40ms seems to be for them the very much ok lag (reading from bodnar).
Could you look into this.
Not now, I am very tight, but * am thinking of sending a Bodnar as my membership fee; then you couls mess around with it. And find the factor to give us a realistic test.

PLEASE READ THIS
Key Takeaways
When reading a published input lag figure, find out if it’s taken using the traditional stopwatch cloning/ high-speed camera method or with the newer Leo Bodnar lag tester device. Because the latter generally returns a higher number than the former, comparison between different displays is most meaningful when the same method is used.
The camera method would appear to take into account the difference caused by a plasma’s subfield driving method in a way which the Leo Bodnar lag tester does not.
For the photo method, an input lag between 16ms and 33ms is good; ≤ 16ms is excellent.
A Leo Bodnar-derived figure between 25ms and 40ms is good; ≤ 25ms is excellen

SO BY THIS THE 37 MS IS VERY GOOD,not a engine on afterburner; but quite fast enough. (IMO)

Could someone explain the benefits of the hairline art bezel version? Or if you could post more pictures @medestruit I would appreciate it. Looking at Wendell's video and comparing to the pictures so far it looks like the stainless steel bezel is larger and would be more distracting than the normal black version Wendell showed in the video but I feel like I'm missing something.

The bezel isn't any bigger than Wendell's, the brushed aluminum just stands out more. It's the exact same bezel, Wendell's is just annodized in black instead of the brushed aluminum.

Here are some pictures of the corners and I took a couple showing the bezel detached on one side. The bottom and sides are a single piece of folded aluminum so it folds at each bottom corner to create the sides, and the top bezel is attached independently. It's quite sturdy. Underneath is an anodized bronze-ish colored bezel from the panel itself. You could remove the outer bezel completely if you wanted. The difference in bezel thickness with and without the attached piece might be 1mm at most.

Corner:

Side profile:

Rear corner:

Detached bezel:

Bottom corner showing 1 piece construction:

Edit: @icrap posted his bezel in the a409 thread, which shows the black bezel.

2 Likes

Which version is this? your bezel looks totally different.

It's the "hairline art bezel" version.

As much as I'd like the real estate of a 4K monitor I just can't see myself sitting in front of a 40" monitor, approximately 1m away. Isn't that size an issue? How far are people sitting away from their screens?

Just below 60 cm. It's awesome.

1 Like