Microboard 4k 40" Monitor - Sexy all-Metal Display | Tek Syndicate

Wendell says so. 10w.

As of today, you won't get 60fps 4K with an SLI setup with last gen games, which is somewhat worrysome considering the AMD R9 Gemini (AKA R9 395x2) is due before the end of the year.

May I suggest HardOCP's review of 4K gaming. You will find the answer to your question.

1 Like

look on the ebay listing.....
3x anti glare coating..

I find that price to be absolutely unbelieveable.

Considering the price of living in Korea, selling this screen so cheap must mean the BOM cost must be at least 50% lower (not to mention free shipping), which is mind-bogging.

I payed my 24'' IIyama B2403WS over 800$ back in 2008 for crying out loud!

IIyama monitors have always been overpriced. Like crazy overpriced.

There's a good shot of me in the reflection of the monitor that gives you an idea of the anti-glare coating. it is not glossy, but not matte like the IPS displays of yesteryear, either. It can be trouble near a window, but even in my bright office I thought it was pretty good.

Thanks, guys. I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need this, but each 40'' / 4k monitor review you guys upload cracks my will just a bit more. I think this is the winner.

Seems just like the kind of monitor I'm looking for. Unfortunately I don't live in the States. Do you know any place to find this in Scandinavia ?

i was trying to convince myself that i didnt need a 40in 4k monitor right up to the point of my clicking the buy it now button

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, it's out of stock.

Indeed. There's also the AMH A409U UHD 40". It's a bit pricier (marginally) and not as good looking, though.

Ugg I just cant agree with you on this one. Those feet are terrible looking.

The finish is matte(mostly), and yes there are speakers built in. The speakers are really bad(it's a monitor, after all) but you can turn them off and connect computer speakers or a sound system with HDMI/SPDIF/Audio in/out options.

I am using it for a TV/monitor due to desk real estate issues, and it looks great. I am getting a soundbar or possibly just a newer head unit for it soonish(gives me a reason to finally update my audio setup) to make the most of it. Audio is an obvious afterthought, but it's a nice option at least.

The feet actually aren't terrible, I find they produce a far more stable support than a typical stand. That said, I think mounting this monitor is a necessity. It's an art piece, hang it like one. I bought an all-in-one VESA TV mount with extension/tilt/swivel/rotate on Amazon for $35.

If they get more in supply, hopefully the price goes down. I got mine for $550(the most expensive version of the monitor) and was one of the last of their first stocks for this monitor. Since then, that version has gone up to $630.

4:4:4? Is this the best for gaming so far between the others?

I'm confused about something....

In the video, it sounds like Wendell says the monitor initially had about 60ms of input lag. Then he says that he was able to reduce it by about 20ms using the built in controls. Then the last thing he says is that the average input lag was about 20ms total.

Am I missing something here? Where did the additional 20ms reduction in response time come from?

? I did -- I meant to say 20ms reduction. About 3 frames @ 60hz is the "best case" scenario that I could get vs a CRT. It was a little more than 3 frames, but not 4 frames. Worst case scenario is like 5-6 frames.
It's not an exact science, unfortunately.
@maxcat has the leobodnar device and tested on the 409 and there is a bit of variability on response time depending on top/middle/bottom of screen (which makes sense). I think his best test was around 45ms +/- but he can probably chime in here and confirm.

If memory serves me correctly :
top = approx 37ms
mid= approx 44ms
bottom = approx 51s
If required I can redo the test in the morning tomorrow.

edit 1 = this was done point-blank and no effort of combinations (permutations) through osd were done
edit 2 = I will also do on A399U
edit 3 = the only CRT s I have are 3 21 inchers Liyama (Mitsubishi tubes, with grid support syst). (excuse my language, but Fucking heavy bastards. (lol)

Do you think you could take a pic of what it looks like with four terminals up?

I just ordered mine based on Wendell's review, I can't wait to get it.