Metcon: 12:00 AMRAP
completed 3 rounds + 28 reps w/ 25lb DB

• 8 DB snatch (arm1)
  • 8 overhead walking lunges (arm1)
  • 8 DB snatch (arm2)
  • 8 overhead walking lunges (arm2)
  • 80 single unders (jump rope)

2 Likes

Doing some light yoga as things continue to improve here.

It would seem the fitness tracker doesnā€™t approve. :rofl:

The HRV numbers are weird and tend to fluctuate a lot, but I havenā€™t really read up enough on HRV to know how common or uncommon that might be. Another reminder I guess that the trackers are best for monitoring trends rather than exact values.

2 Likes

Wednesday

Strength: front squat 155x2, 185x2, 3 sets 195x2, 205x2

Metcon: 3 rounds for time
completed in 16:10

• 21 calories echo bike
  • 15 unbroken thrusters @ 65lbs :salt: :hot_face: :salt: :hot_face: :salt:
  • 9,9,11 burpees over the barbell

2 Likes

Did some light strength training for the first time in about a week. Slowly getting back into things. :yay:

2 Likes

Back on the path.

:metal:

2 Likes

Friday

Strength: Deadlift 135x2,155x2, 3 sets 185x2
(trying to avoid aggravating the biceps/shoulder issue, mostly pain free though)

Metcon: for time
completed in 6:42

• 21 deadlift 135
  • 21 ring rows
  • 15 deadlift 155
  • 15 jump to bar (coach this was way too easy :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • 9 deadlift 185
  • 9 jumping pull ups

2 Likes

Monday

Strength: Front Squat 6 sets 205x3

Metcon: 5 rounds for time
completed in 15:48

• 200m run
  • 4 squat clean 75lbs
  • 6 box jumps 20" box

1 Like

First day back to Muay Thai after a couple month hiatus, and some new goodies+ reusing a snorkel bag (figured its good to have massive ventilation for the gear)

Pros, cons and observations of the return:

• my cardio is a bit reduced
  • I had done a leg day the day before, jump rope burned like a mofo
  • Since I wasnā€™t some years and years long practitioner, technique is not baked into my brain, it isnā€™t muscle memory- I basically felt like a beginner again.
  • I have been doing random split stretches almost everyday, this has paid off. At my age I have a lot of reduced hip flexibility. The stretches seem to have helped as now upon return my switch kick was reaching upper stomach and chest region without too too much distress on my part. This was a big ask months earlier.

Got lazy and what I do is just go up to the back of the couch (used for support), and do splits behind it (more like the region between shoulder width and actual splits lol) random times a day vs. doing this dudeā€™s routine:

Something I was really envious of that day, the coach was popping off head kicks effortlessly. I need me some serious flexibility gains.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve ranted in this thread a lot about gear, Hollywood and public figures. I just saw this:

Wellā€¦ umā€¦ Duh??

I think a lot of natty vs gear debates wouldnā€™t even happen if everyone at least did a few months of a legit coached bro-split. Those of us that have lifted for years, tried many different routines and angles have developed good ā€œnatty vs. gearā€ radar so to speak. Much like a born and raised New Yorker can navigate the city easily while a naĆÆve farm boy would get ripped off, jumped etc.

Help me out here peeps, but when looking at the picture, isnā€™t it ā€œwell, duh, of course he isā€ right? Also he ALWAYS looks like that, that isnā€™t like some of the natty models out there that will lean bulk for months, then cut to some crazy aesthetic that can only last a few days and sometimes even hospitalizes them.

TLDR:
Stay positive peeps, donā€™t look at all of this media, social media, influencer BS and just do you- keep at it, keep at the grind, its the inside health that matters. A high percent fat is really bad, but also a really low one, be more data driven (HR, BP, blood work, diet etc) and less aesthetic pressured by all these influencers.

3 Likes

Letting social media define your perception of ā€œnormalā€ is definitely a bad idea.

Wednesday

Strength: 1 clean + 2 split jerks 3 sets at 75, 2 sets at 85, 1 set at 95lbs

Metcon: 1 round every 5 mins a,b,a,b
completed 4 rounds

• a 15 calories row
  • a 12 deadlift 75lbs
  • a 9 hang cleans 75lbs
  • a 6 shoulder to overhead 75lbs
  • a 15 ring rows
  • b 15 calories row
  • b 10 front squats 75lbs
  • b 10 push ups

2 Likes

Plus, isnā€™t BJJ the thing which showed everyone that technique can win over strength? Thatā€™s not to say grapplers donā€™t need to be strong, but thereā€™s a lot of other activities which depend on strength a lot more, and PEDs arenā€™t going to make you a freak of nature if youā€™ve got a just average build without them. This guy is already a freak of nature, so itā€™s hard not to see an equally massive ego at work here.

2 Likes

Saw in interesting interview with Lex Fridman on this.

FIrst, I want to disclaimer I do not shun PEDs right out of the gate- there is the ethics issue of cheating if its in a sport that tests (but not good enough) or denies it, and there is also abuse (using it wrong, in excess etc causing medical issues). And then the damage it causes the masses by setting an impossible aesthetic standard (looking at you Hollywood). But outside of that, Iā€™m empathetic to many of the use-cases/reasons.

But yeah in the interview they mentioned the other advantage of PEDs- recovery. Can hit the matt way more often, get all that practice in, committing more and more technique to muscle memory.

I tell ya, I went to Muay Thai Monday after being out of the game for a few months, Iā€™m back to rookie- Iā€™m so sore I missed Tues, Weds and juuuust might make it in today. Before I took the break I was edging on being able to stomach 3 or 4 sessions a week. Hell that plus even two-a-days where I do weights are something as well. I could use me some ā€œget out of soreness jailā€ pills right about now lol.

2 Likes

Continued proof that thereā€™s an xkcd for everything.

Better to pay attention to that, then to be like me and just keep going until something really kicks your ass. Iā€™m better about that than I was in the past, but it seems I still have a ways to go. :unamused:

2 Likes

Hard thing to balance. I thought i was good at metering it but my bicep tendonitis and now sauna addiction says otherwise. But the inner bitch in me is strong lol, i dont have to worry about getting too Gogginsā€™ out and jog myself into dust.

2 Likes

Friday

Strength: deadlift 95x7, 135x5, 155x3, 205x1

Metcon: 5 rounds for time
completed in 16:30

• 7 deadlift 155lbs
  • 14 ghd/situps 7/7,7/7,/14,/14,/14
  • 21 wall ball 14lbs

First time using GHD :grimacing:

1 Like

Iā€™m down to 300lbs, lost 80-90lbs since May 2022. But my fitness is diet and Ozempic. My goal is to see my knees by standing flat against a wall and looking down. Iā€™m actually on track, I wanted to lose 100lbs a year. (No lose skin)
I am hoping that the weight loss and future device implant will help me stay walking.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome dude. :metal:

Iā€™ve heard about Ozempic. Itā€™s a GLP-1 agonist. Glad to hear that itā€™s working out for you.

1 Like

Did 15 minutes of yoga for an extended warmup, then a half hour of kettlebell circuit training.

2 Likes

Ozempic works but you still have to have the mindset that you want to lose weight. A lot of people donā€™t change their diet or their not willing to suffer the nausea and bowel changes. If I could exercise I would probably lose weight faster.

2 Likes

Yeah, no doubt. Anyone who has dropped 90 pounds hasnā€™t done so by medication alone. That takes work.

1 Like