LVL1 Fitness thread reboot

Thats a really good pace. Whatever your doing is working and working well.

1 Like

Missed a few days due to injuries and other shenanigans, but not so bad really.

2 Likes

Good job. Use what works until it doesn’t, then you can reassess. :+1:

Thank you! I went and tried jeans. When started weight loss I was in a 46 waist 34 inseam. Today I almost fit in a 38 waist 32 inseam. Decided to just buy one pair of 40-32 jeans. (I’m short legged, I’m 6’5" I have to find “Tall” shirts)
My hope is that this spinal implant will allow me to walk like I use to and walking again for exercise. But just losing weight will be very helpful.

Thanks to the L1tech show I had my implant changed. I was about to get a Stimwave implanted. Talked to my Doctor and we thought it would be best if we changed manufacturer. I just didn’t feel comfortable having a companies device implanted that has filed for bankruptcy.

2 Likes

Monday

Strength: Front squat 75x3, 135x3, 155x3, 165x3, 185x3

Metcon: 2 mins work/1min rest
126 burpees & 145lbs squat clean

• max burpees over the bar
  • 1 squat clean (building weight)

1 Like

Wednesday

Strength: strict press (overhead) 5 sets of 65x5

Metcon: for time w/ 20 min time cap
Hit the 20 min time cap

Cash in: 25 cal echo bike
3 rounds:

• 100 single unders, 10 cal ski, 10 cal ski
  • 25 sit ups
  • 15 thrusters 75lbs

Cash out: 19 of 25 cal echo bike

Left calf started hurting during single unders (jumping rope) :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Still not quite 100% again, but still getting after it. :yay:

:metal:

2 Likes

Keep it up :+1:

I didn’t work out Friday because calf still bothering me. Hopefully Monday I can get back to it.

2 Likes

I don’t mind a little discomfort, so long as I can avoid the point where the muscles in my lower back suddenly nope-out and revolt like seven hours later. :yay:

2 Likes

Hmm, that heart rate doesn’t seem right.

makes adjustment

Much better. :yay:

2 Likes

Back squat: 205x10 then 4 sets of 165x6

Metcon: 14 min AMRAP
completed: 0 rounds w/ 155 “reps”

• 60 cals bike
  • 50 situps
  • 40 wall balls 14lbs
  • 5 power clean 75lbs
  • 25 power clean 75lbs (after timecap)
  • 20 ring rows (after timecap)

1 Like

Did two workouts yesterday- arms resistance training, sauna, then later in the day some muay thai. I might actually be able to keep a tempo like this up, I think the key will be to not use the same muscles/ proper time isolation between muscle groups.

I don’t know much of anything about two-a-days, if it will be too hard on my cardio or other groups that possibly get overworked- going into uncharted waters here for me.

1 Like
1 Like

Active Recovery via push mower :yay: :clown_face:

2 Likes

Sneaking in a half hour in the middle of the day…

Plus, there’s this. :yay:

2 Likes

bench press: worked up to a single of 190

metcon: for time
completed in 19:23

• 400m run
  • 30 cals bike
  • 30 push ups
  • 30 thrusters 65lbs
  • 30 cals row
  • 400m run

2 Likes

More cardio. Still trying to improve core strength also.

Nice to see the time spent in “zone 4” creeping up there a bit, and to have another one of those “this would have kicked my ass a few months ago” moments.

It still kicked my ass, but still. :yay:

2 Likes

:metal:

2 Likes

Back squat 210x10 then 5x5 @ 170

Metcon: for time
completed in ~18:30
cash in: 50 American KB swings 35lb
3 rounds

• 21 cal bike
  • 15 wall balls 14lbs
  • 9 power clean 95lbs

1 Like

Im for sure not meeting the nearly 1gram protein per pound of body weight target when trying to build mass, recomp or loose weight/cut. For convenience i bought some bottled stuff (probably a bad idea, its probably some industrial waste level dairy byproduct) and pasteurized egg whites. I take a big sip of the “shake” and the add egg white, shake it up and go. IMO the egg white actually improves the taste.

1 Like