Linus Torvalds "Very Concerned" About Microsoft "Taking Over Linux"

Nah, I’m okay with it, to be honest. Their integration of linux distros in win10 makes learning much easier for me. I don’t need to switch between boots.

ftfy

If you’re under 35 or so, you won’t remember that Microsoft was the evil empire, back in the day. Seems laughable today.

1 Like

There are plenty of archives and people that won’t let it go. Point is, these people keep talking about Intel/Nvidia/Microsoft/Stock Market like it’s 1994.

The fact that he asked that question when he was borderline is what I was laughing about. This forum has at least a thread a week of people claiming that Microsoft is taking over Linux to kill it.

Been there, done that and it doesn’t bother them.

I hear you. I dislike Google less than Apple. Lesser of two evils.

Would do that if I could be sure no government or neighbor would come and tell me what to do. Already agreed with wife we’ll start moving off grid in 5-10 years time.

1 Like

dontblockmydriveway.gif

1 Like

Yeah, over the years I’ve definitely reinstalled Linux more that I’ve reinstalled Windows, though any issues with either have really tapered off in the last 2 years.

You’ll need to accept the license agreement before this reply will become available.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think in just the last few years linux has come leaps and bounds. I could probably get away with dailying it with minor masochism. 10 years ago I would have told you to stick your bootable iso in the recycle bin if you asked me to daily linux.

doesnt even read that sentence

I agree

2 Likes

Imagine where we will be in another 10 years as programming is becoming more of a skill that is taught in middle and high schools.

Linux kernel rewritten in Rust and F#

:wink:

3 Likes

Microsoft ain’t gon take over Linux, even if they put down the money for it, they’d be the next oracle. trying to close down everything and everyone suing them to oblivion.

I really thought Oracle was going to kill MySQL, but they haven’t. It’s kinda shocking.

the blessing and the curse of Open Source, you own your code, but you don’t own your code.

He shouldnt be. This is a wonderful step forward. Dont like it. Dont run linux.. its that simple :joy:

I really am hoping this is the way forward. Would be nice to see gaming on Linux become a thing. If a program is properly developed for Linux is can run really quickly. There is simply less overhead.

Soon™

1 Like

Correction:

It’s Getting There™

1 Like

Right LOL also

I really wouldnt care if proprietary stuff ended up in the kernel all that much. So long as it doesnt do any sort of telemetry. Thats the principle I take on software. It doesnt have to be FOSS and it doesnt have to be Prop it just needs to not collect data I dont tell it to collect or do things I dont ask it to do. Thats my response to the title and to the suspicions anyone might have

1 Like

Just like fusion :troll:

Its only 20 years away ™