Level 1 Gains

Oh yeah, that’s something the hasn’t left me even after i left the studio. My shoulders, seating position and general posture have massively improved. And this is still the case today.

1 Like

happily that has not happened so far, I guess its based on the individual.

BUT: i had a couple of weeks back store bought sauce hollandaise and after eating that stuff i got insane cravings, I guess because of the food-chemicals that are in those processed foods.

but from stevia or erythril (or how its called) no grumpy sugar-crashes which I’m grateful for.

1 Like

If it’s working, stick with it!

Pretty sure some people are more sensitive than others to the various sugar replacements. I can instantly tell something has stevia specifically in it for example, even if it has a bunch of other stuff in it. Purely due to the specific aftertaste. I don’t massively dislike it, and it doesn’t seem to have any adverse effect on me, but i can very easily identify it.

I may be more sensitive to it. Big one to avoid is maltitol (?) which apparently will go straight through you…

I think Lauren (my gf) was sensitive to erythritol … so for the most part now we use xylitol and stevia (usually blended with something else, rather than pure, because pure stevia is weapons grade strong…).

1 Like

Yes, I believe that is the sort of weird individual differences where different substances work differently on different people.

I know exactly what you mean! I use stevia (liquid pure form) only a couple of drops because it is so strong and for not-coffee “foods” even less. Since I’m not eating sugar and switching to those sweeteners I even reduced them because they are so potent.

that is strange, because it was opposite to my reaction to xylitol: it was sweet and tasty n stuff but i got weird sugar-like crashes. thats why i use Erythritol since then, doesnt happen with that.

but most importantly:

:pray:

1 Like

No mixing vegetables with meat. Only fruit before meat. Because they digest differently.

Btw, I do pretty much all free weights and body weight and sometimes isolate with machines. Doing a half hour of cardio 4-5 days a week then an hour of lifting

4 Likes

Lifting weights can increase your testosterone levels significantly

1 Like

Nothing wrong with looking in the mirror bro. Use your results as more motivation

1 Like

Bicycles

Ever find that brand? I am a pasta fiend

You’re killing your gains that way. Leave cardio for after you’ve done the lifting. And you don’t need that much of it unless that’s a major part of your sport.

2 Likes

I like the cardio because of how it makes me feel afterwards. I feel like a get a cognitive benefit along with increased stamina. I’m also trying to burn some fat off of my stomach.

But you’re right, I’ll try switching the bulk of it to after. Still like to break a sweat before I lift though

Not playing sports either, just into this for health/looks. Might be joining the Army Reserves too so there’s that :grin:

1 Like

Just warm up for 5 minutes. It’s kind of mandatory anyway unless you’re a dumb gymbro, which I seriously doubt.

3 Likes

It’s better to do it after over all for strength and fat burning, like @ImprovizoR pointed out you do need to do a warmup of some sort. Basically enough to get you to sweat and breath heavy, but still be able to talk normally

However the “do not need” is a bit meh, I need lots of cardio on top of lifting to lower my body fat. Also I think the motto “be fit to be useful” is huge and endurance is key

1 Like

Yeah the biggest thing for me honestly is just my ability to work and not be tired and feeing like shit. And be able to go out and be social after working.

And yeah. Year before last I went all bulking before I quit for a year (living situation changed drastically). I went from 140lbs to 190 and now back down to 160. I’m gaining muscle but my fat is dropping so I haven’t moved in weight. I was big but I looked kinda fat - didn’t like it

1 Like

The bigger the muscles. The easier it is to attack the pressure points.

1 Like

Thats why you want to be strong and nimble

plus that stuff works in movies, not so much in real life

1 Like

It doesn’t mean that it’s really easy to cripple someone. It just means the target points are bigger. Making it easier to target.

A 200 meter target is easier to hit than a 250 meter target

zyzz did not die, aziz did, zyzz lives on in all of us