Is my 8350 holding back my 390x?

So their making the 8350s better? How so? So your saying my 8350 isn't slowing my 390x down?

not so much making them better as the software is catching up a bit. While not awesome per say, the software does better utilize the abilities of the 8350 some what better.

Because I'm starting to save up for zen or would it not be worth it? And just get a better am3+ board?

no ? Just what and see what they through on the table. I personally do not feel too hurt at gaming at 1440p but it does work over my 8350 bit harder than it had ever been used. You might consider a high end Noctua D15 or something for your cpu at this point.

AM3+ only gets better as a 970 to 990FX jump, but even that is marginal at best. Don't bother buying more as the platform really is at its limits.

And no, your processor beat the 3770 originally :P

I'm using a h100i gtx by corsair I was planning on upgrading to a nzxt kraken 280

3770?

Na ? No need to aio. Personal opinion comparing the difference between a h100 verses a D14. Only thing that will make much difference is a full on water cooling. Not practical. A case with good airflow or lots of fan mounting will make more of a difference.

I'm getting a new case because mine is God awful and it chokes my system

Ya, knew that :) I run one of these and even then the airflow could be better.

I'm gonna get the nzxt noctis 450.. better then the silent base 800

I wouldn't.......... Mid tower is terrible for high end amd and high end amd gpu. You would have to make a choice at going lower end or crazy loud/fast fan speeds. Nope ! Get a full tower for the 8350 and a high gpu like the Fury/vega or go intel ?

four cougars across the top, a 220mm in the side, 4 cougars in the side/right and left, a single in the bottom and a single for the rear ................plus a D14 and man this is a space heater in the winter :) I can literally keep a small house from freezing up in cold winters. lol But ? This is at really low fan speeds as too not drive me crazy.

Funny u say that my old case bit finis aegis same cpu and gpu 2 120mm fans 2 140 on top hyper 212 ran silent compaired to my be quiet silent base 800

I have come up through amd building. So ? I have some understanding of it.

I just need a more open concept I'm not a tan of the full tower. And I love the basement idea

I am here to tell ya ? Small cases and old amd is a bad idea. You should consider an intel quad-core if that is the case. Now, if you wanna go over the top then water cool custom and small case otherwise move off the old amd platform.

Believe me when i say, i want mine with wheels :) Just a big cabinet i can roll around :)

It doesnt get better atall.
And the FX8350 doesnt beat a 3770 in pretty much anything either.
The per core performance and ipc of FX cpu´s are just terrible compaired to todays standards.
In fact my own super phi calculation testing showed me that the per core performance and ipc is even worse then a core 2 duo from back in 2007 at the same clock speed..

FX cpu´s were originaly designed as a server architecture in which multiple paralell threads can be handy.
But for the desktop market they did not perform that well, since most software that the average desktop user would use back then, but also even today still isnt that well optimized for it.

If you play a cpu demending game or a cpu demending gaming scenario the FX simply holds back pretty much any modern midrange gpu.
Especialy at lower resolutions like 1080p.

2 Likes

whats a good cpu then? kuz i want the best out of my 390x but i also want to beable to crossfire in the future so waht do u reccomend then?