Is everyone here into metal?

I used to listen to Metal every single waking moment of the day. I still love metal, but I usually listen to it a lot less often then other music genres. I typically listen to punk rock and alternative rock, but also listen to hip hop (Tupac, Jay Z, Kanye, Frank Ocean). I also have a fairly sized list of Metal Bands I love. Also really into Justin Vernon/Bon Iver.

In my 14 years of joy playing almost all musical instruments out there , I've come up to the conclusion that , in the musician case at least , all is needed.
I can improvise on any musical piece on earth now,from dubstep(on keyboards/synths) to jazz,from brutal to classical,from rap to folk (you get the picture...).
The real question is (i.m.o.) "how much knowledge are you searching for?" or "how much of the whole are you willing to understand and relate to?".If you wanna be "stupid" (in my -not-that-much-disputable- opinion) go for a single genre.
Why stupid? Because we should all know well that overspecialization reduces neurons activity in some parts of the brain , making it harder to comprehend and appreciate new perceived informations ,let them be video informations as well as audio and sensorial informations music induces in the body,thus making it harder to accept different opinions , as they will "sound" like strange to us,or bad,or hateful,so much our brain may even feel an ache when reasoning about this new data it is working on,thus pouring us into what gives us "shivers" / "wellness" (physical stimuli of pleasure associated with known sensations) ,avoiding to try the time consuming path of comprehension/elaboration.
8)  After all , we're educated to be lazy ass human beings...You see it...And the word "fat" summarizes it all.

Yeeeeeah! 8)

Not at all, I don't say I dislike genres, if it sounds good I like it :)

I mainly listen to hip-pop, especially older stuff like A Tribe Called Quest (verging on jazz-rap), also jazz, trip-pop etc.

Right now I'm listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwt4AYQi_i8

So chill

I love metal, but I only listen to it in clubs. For some reason I can't enjoy it alone or with a headset ...

I only listen to metal that you can understand the singer, Ozzy, Dragonforce, Metallica, ect.  I remember my brother was listening to some crap that sounded like the singer was just barking and growling into the mic, I can't stand that crap

Nah, I'm more of a Classic Rock kinda guy. Led Zeppelin was the best band ever.

I listen to loads of genres, Metal, Rock/rap, hip hop, Reggae, Electronica, Post-rock, pretty much every genre EXCEPT pop...I dispise of pop/anything mainstream (I can tolerate it at parties, but anywhere else, no)

I can understand why alot of people hate rap, thanks to the mainstream crap being pumped out every day, but honestly there is a underground world full of rap and it doesn't have to be about violence, money, it's Ryhme and poetry, for example Atmosphere are a very alternative rap group.

Underground rap I like: Atmosphere, Knowmads, Grieves, Common Market, Blue scholars, POS, The entire Doomtree group, Brother Ali, Tech N9ne, Hopsin, Ams uno.

All I have say is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFL6i0mkRgU

Metal has been a huge part of my life. The music that I've been into since a kid to now has just been a very cool evolution of types of metal (with a lot of random shit thrown in between), but I don't abandon my roots. I tie a lot of memories to the music I used to listen to so that's the reason I'd return to it at all today. The reminiscent factor.

People look at my tattoo and ask me what it means like it's going to be some in depth thing, but really I got it as a lifelong dedication to metal since it's the base genre that has never failed me. I've given other genres a try, from not very different to very different. They couldn't hold me for long.

Metal moves me.

Metal is where my heart is.

Those are some nice songs, JT.

Here are some of the few I like:

ЮГ - Ещё один день (UG - One more day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThSWDaSGAQs

Yamakasi - Soundtrack :: 12 Chela

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJGwuPCNGM

Типичный ритм - Летний гром (Typical rhyme - Summer thunder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVTxv4zWDU

Oddly enough, most of what I listen to is Classical (Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Liszt, etc.). The rest is indie-instrumental music such as Ólafur Arnalds and others...

Damn, I'm suprised to see how well my topic has caught on. Thanks to everyone for posting!

I'm a hip-hop head. I listen to intelligent artists who have something to say. I'm liking the new Kenderick Lamar cd.

I mostly listen to Metal, Rock and classic instramentals (Mozart and such) But ill listen to some blues, Jazz and anything with some skill and strong, deep lyrics. I cant stand Hip Hop, Rap or Pop. I just hate that stuff. With metal I also prefer the more complex genres rather than loude, growl, scream. Such as Power metal (Blind Guardian) or Progressive Metal (Dream Theater)

Not to bash metal or anything. But nah, metal hurts my face. I’m more of an acoustic guitar fan at the moment. Kind of relaxing… God I hope I’m not the only one.

No, I don't like metal.

Maybe I'm just an odd-ball though, since, I don't like any type of music.

Nope.

I like some Metal. 

There is some good Music in each genre. 

But i mostly listen to Ambient Electronica (tycho, boards of canada) Classical, Blue Grass (Logan Is Right It's Not Country), Indie Folk/Rock.

Atmosphere, Hopsin and Mike Shinoda are the only rappers I really like.

giga's post

that, 'cept for pop, hip-hop or opera......