Instinct MI25, better than a Tesla M40 (for normal people anyway)

Looks like disabling hyperthreading gained me 1FPS in Primehack lol
I’ll probably get the 2667V2 and hope that helps me enough in everything, like it should.
Primehack also didn’t seem to care whether memory was running at 1333 or 1600MHz. Disabling ECC patrole scrub might have helped a tiny bit. Hard to tell without putting gamersNexus level diligence on it.

1 Like

Fixed Fortnite’s lower settings stutter.

Did you get a deal on one?.. or 2?

Hyper-threading off really cucked me in WarZone, holy hell.

What I’m getting from this 2670 is about what I remember from my 1700X with 2400MHz RAM.

Not yet. I don’t wanna fuck my ebay account if they all say yes and I don’t have enough, so I can’t make offers to everyone at once

I never heard about not paying for an offer I made, like a year ago. Made it 1 cent below asking price (around $300) for an MI8 (R9 Nano) to say "damn scalpers think everything is a damn gold mine. I don’t know. Prick accepted, I said they might as well cancel it because I’m not paying for it. Had to just wait for it to expire, meanwhile eBay notifications kept spamming me.

That leaves a negative metric on the seller and is their choice to take that or make you pay, if you still don’t pay you’ll violate their abusive buyer policy

Ahh. I really would have thought it would be as simple as “yeah, I made the same offer to many sellers, this one accepted first, so I bought from them and canceled the rest”. Eh, whatever. Maybe they did cancel it as soon as they were able to.

and note how I had to grind the end to work with the physically larger EEPROM.

I thought i read somewhere that Vega could be flashed with a workstation WX series BIOS?

Maybe but this is server class to workstation, not consumer to workstation, I’m honestly surprised that worked

I seen 1 reddit post, after an eBay seller saying it worked.
The seller said something about it being limited to 170 watts; I assumed that was core power (-HBM, fan, whatever else) and asked for clarification… they had no idea.

Think it was buildZoid using that trick to make vega compete very well on FP64

I haven’t checked MSRPs, but MI25 was probably the most expensive of Vega. If we’re going to accept artificial segmentation, the most expensive card ought to be able to pretend to be the less expensive cards.
Or maybe what I said earlier about the backplate looking like it has intended clearance for easy vBIOS flashing (the one exposed at POST anyway), possibly as an easy workaround to motherboard/passthrough support.

The biggest difference for my E5-2670 is the thing I should have done first, Windows high performance mode.

… million …

same problem with afterburner?

I only see duty cycle in afterburner…
Goes between 64-86% when I manually change the speed in Radeon settings. Tried setting speed in afterburner; didn’t work.

Fucking windows