Instinct MI25, better than a Tesla M40 (for normal people anyway)

One of the things I care about is emulation for the Metroid prime games. I see CPU limiting me hard in plenty of areas. And you seen the Arkham Knight snip, even CSGO is up there and stutters occasionally.

You should be more than capable for GameCube, I was doing that on core 2 duos
Try disabling ht and 6 cores to get the 3.3ghz turbo bin

Stuttering will occur due to shader compilation, which is inevitable unless you use dx9

Alternatively you can use skip draw which skips drawing but also compiles it without stutter

Once a shader is compiled it won’t stutter when that particular shader is compiled under that particular api

For ps2 a haswell i3 is the way to go, it’ll do rogue Galaxy and dragon quest 8 no problem, ps2 is way harder to do than GCN

I used Compile before start. Some places the game just doesn’t run in real time.
With some other things, seems the latest WHQL driver might be the better option. It’s still not as bad as it was. Still have to try more games.

That will only recompile the shaders you’ve already compiled in game previously and like 80-200 shaders that are common to all GCN games in the end you’ll have shaders in the thousands per game which sucks

Or there is something peculiar about dual 2011 boards that dolphin doesn’t like, but the CPU arch itself should be perfectly fine with a fully compiled game

I used to do dolphin hardware compat testing for estimated perf

I’m using a single socket E5-2670 right now. Windows updated, maybe made some difference, idk. Prime Hack is Metroid specific, usually says 2000+ shaders being compiled.

Interesting, like it’ll run great on a i3 2100 on batocera/win7/10 but I don’t remember which version of win10

Also I can send you a haswell i3 of you can get a board for it

I can explain the way they explained to me. Each frame re-rights emulated RAM values, so the CPU load is practically double ordinary Dolphin emulation.

Looks like a small improvement in Arkham Knight.

I don’t remember the exact settings I was using in previous pictures.

1 Like

I think on my standard Vega 64 I got 60 out of 1080p or maybe it was 1440, certainly not 4k
It was several years back

Actually it had to be 1080 because my tv didn’t do 1440 just 1080 and 4k

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not messing with anything higher than 1080p.

Doom 2016 is as good or better than earlier.

So to confirm do you need to use a clip flasher or can it be done with like ati flash

I had nothing but problems with ATI flash.

Guess I’m gonna learn how to use the USB flasher then

I THINK this is what I had the most luck with. Got it a while ago and just kept everything I downloaded since then. Drivers mentioned other places didn’t work with mine for some reason. Your results may vary of course.

I also did this to be safe.

Skip drawing is on. Notice the one pegged thread.

I guess print screen doesn’t show Prime hack running in fullscreen mode.

Perf the same in openGL

For some reason it didn’t load. Vulkan typically does much better using multiple threads; I think it’s set up to handle audio on a separate thread. When there’s a slow down in OpenGL, the audio turns to shit; when there’s a slow down in Vulkan, it only sometimes slows audio. In areas that are easy to run, disabling emulation speed limit speeds up audio more too.
EDIT: Closed and re-launched, about 10FPS worse in same spot with OpenGL.