Instinct MI25, better than a Tesla M40 (for normal people anyway)

Does it still work after a reboot?
Win10 or 11?

lol Was just coming here to share that yes, it stuck.
Win10

1 Like

Nice this is fucking awesome

I want to get 2 of these and put them in a athlon 3000g machine for a trike with rockets for blender

Blender on a budget

Performance seems down this way, don’t know if it’s older driver or something stupid related to 2 cards. Seems the same as any other time I didn’t use the latest driver, but all those times I also had the 240 in. I’ll have to see if I can get the latest drivers for the WX9100 and force the mismatch driver combo again.

Have I mentioned AMD’s garbage fan tuning? Meant for expensive ass “pro” card and it’s still the same garbage I dealt with on my RX480 6 years ago.
Inadequate garbage.

Anyway, going to have to continue this after a good night of sleep. Been up 23 hours.

They only just recently fixed the glitch where your fan speed will gradually decrease under load if you set a static speed
Afterburner work?

shame

Wonder if I could have messed up the flash just enough for it to not work in safe mode… because it doesn’t.
EDIT: It does work.

1 Like

I’m seeing considerable improvements with the latest driver.
EDIT: Only in Doom 2016; everything else I tried on the 22.Q3 driver performed worse.

1 Like

I wonder if the unix reseller on ebay will take 80 each for 2

Unix Surplus? They didn’t accept my offer. The seller who did is linked in my video’s description. MGI.

1 Like

Ever see a game do significantly worse on lower settings?
EDIT: I can only assume it’s causing some hard stutter throttling or something, Kind of how I noticed much better minimum frame rates on my 480 when I left Vsync on, combined with it being garbage tier.
EDIT AGAIN: Disabled ULPS (Ultra Low Power State) to fix that problem.

All the complexity I desire in setting a fan curve… doesn’t work.

EDIT: Guess I could try doing it through a vBIOS mod.

I can only assume this E5-2670 is just too garbage tier.

Hold F5 for more detail and cores can be seen spiking to 100% briefly… unfortunate for me.

Guess I should save for something newer. Another Ryzen board and see if any more parts survived from the last system… idk.

@GigaBusterEXE I think… you could use a WX2100, WX4100, or similar to just add displays and have them treated as if they’re attatched to the MI25/WX9100… maybe. If I can get a good enough deal on a WX4100… I’d like to find out.

2 Likes

Good luck, cheapest is 30+30 shipping from some country that definitely has vampires

Oh I’ve been looking. A WX2100 would have to be stupid cheap because it’s just not the card I want… Eh, maybe I’d get a 2nd if it works out well enough, idk. I need to sort out my current lack of performance 1st. Haven’t checked thermal paste, Sure that could be sub par even with temps reading ok. Waiting on a big tube to get here from china before i even pull the cooler off. Glad the vBIOS chips were on the back.

You can disable 2 cores for 100mhz boost or 4 cores to get 200 more mhz boost, or disable hyper threading sandy bridge not great at 3Ghz, you have 16gb vram crack it to 4kto induce GPU bottle neck

The uplift I got from swapping it from the 2x2630 system to the 2670 system makes me think not much would really be enough. I might grab a 2667v2 anyway. $25 right now, might even try offering a little less. Spam offers to a dozen sellers like I did for the MI25.
Started looking around for whatever cheap salvage grade stuff I can cobble together. Seeing what looks like a 12VO Skylake lenovo board for $25. Would need to find, buy, or otherwise cobble together some cables. have a couple 800 watt server PSUs laying around. i7 6700 for about $50. Might have some usable DDR4 laying around.