If You Can't Behave, Shut Up

Now on sale on store.level1techs.com!

4 Likes

I don’t know that. I do not follow and do not record who does what. This is what moderators are and if you see evil, fight it.

I understand that OP is upset about this situation. But it wasn’t so terrible. It was possible to fix it and continue discourse close to the heart of the matter. I wrote three posts there myself. One for OP sticking to the heart of the matter, one in response to the user still more or less on the subject and the third general post in response to the whole situation.

The forum is to talk. And often conversations evolve from the heart of the matter and this is quite typical. Yes, you should watch the rules but without exaggeration.

1 Like

The problem is that this happens again and again and again.

It wasn’t so terrible, but it gets people riled up because everyone thinks this forum is their personal sandbox and they can just pinch a steaming loaf wherever they want.

2 Likes

Who??? OP?

Holy crap it was a shitfest.

But then again let’s not feed trolls.

Just making a no point no effort and absolutely not needed joke in a thread they were nothing to do with yes.

Ok. I understand. I am not an angel myself. Sometimes I like to discuss a little less directly from the source of the discussion. Although I don’t think I have ever done anything terribly bad. But if someone does this notoriously, well … If social rehabilitation does not work, then life imprisonment.

So what if someone makes a joke? They should be banned or moderated for that? Your thread is So Very Important that it must be protected at all costs? Ridiculous.

1 Like

Was not my thread.

What I am getting at is if you are going to shit on someone else’s topic and ad notnj g of value don’t turn around and berate everyone else for doing the same thing. Just close the topic and move on or try again. No need to get bent out of shape and make a show of it in a new topic about being pissed off.

1 Like

Heh, I meant the royal “your”.

There’s a difference between trolling in bad faith and posting a joke. I’ve done the latter myself many times, and any forum that would ban me for it can save the effort and let me know in advance.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: /dev/null

… Karma

:wink:

Yeah I don’t think bans are in order and have not made mention of that either.

Jokes are of course fine but usually they are followed up with something g actually relevant to the thread. This was just a haha you hardware is dead now lolzors post. That is no use to any one.

We have “reply as linked topic” for a reason:

I’d like to see people use it more.

2 Likes

We had enough talks about less mud slinging, about putting down pitchforks, about how to write a good post.

Went over the other thread.
WTF guys!
“Just to clarify” posts flood in, two randoms have ad hominems, then Linux/Windows zealotry happens.

^there, that is how other forums handle this

Maybe I am odd but other than 1 post that was flagged and likely will be dealt with I did not see anything warranting this (topic) response.

All of it could br fixed just by asking to get back on track or just having the offending posts moved to a more relevant topic.

1 Like

I would like nice and happy to work, but obviously it does not. How often did that work in the past?

/dev/null would be appropriate.
Tell the offenders to take it to DMs

1 Like

“If you can’t behave, shut up”

What if I can behave, but don’t want to?

1 Like

then commit shut

4 Likes