If You Can't Behave, Shut Up

If you go into a windows thread talking about linux vs windows when that wasnt the point of the discussion, it will absolutely be your problem.

1 Like

Look we get it.

Just behave.

Such hostility…

1 Like

Thanks for understanding our zealous Jealously.
Sorry your thread was derailed.
Thanks for the start of the thread that might have given a fresh viewpoint on what one might encounter going back to Windows after a hiatus

Be me: tries to be helpful in my limited capacity.

Thread locked.

Why try?

Maybe we make a come to Tech Jesus thread where Steve is our mascot. In this thread we give reasonable warning to shitty zealots to stop or be modded. We need more public hearings and hangings.

1 Like

It can be annoying when your thread is derailed, but you’re raging pretty hot here. Maybe you should consider taking a step back yourself if the usual internet bullshit upsets you so much.

5 Likes

You want this usual internet bullshit to be the primary makeup of this forum?

Primary reason I stopped being a regular.

1 Like

Give their names …

If the alternative is heavy-handed moderation then yes, I would personally prefer that. Moderating obvious shitposts is fine but punishing derails from good-faith posts is not.

I don’t like heavy moderation either. The op asks to leave the shit at the door and a bunch of people immediately bring the shit in… Seems just to call the mods.

Everyone leaves and its just a few Linux dwellers jerking each other off while murmuring bash keywords to one another. Not a fun place to hang around.

4 Likes

sad leader noises

7 Likes

I am looking into the original thread. Likely there be temp bans.

We can be better than this. We have to be. We are better than this. Our content is os agnostic. I’ve developed kernel drivers for hardware in the past. I’ve also helped fix windows kernel issues by providing data and doing testing …

There is no call for what I saw in the other thread. Be better to each other. Please.

7 Likes

Dm me. You just might get it. We have a zero tolerance policy and I missed the circlejerk as well.

3 Likes

Sgtsleepysauce

Sgthasalifesauce

2 Likes

Do not drag me into this… Zero tolerance policies. Ya that always works well. Maybe only for the most extreme ? Everything else not so much.

3 Likes

Everyone should chill out a bit! Because you are making the matter bigger than it really is. Posts that are terribly offtop can always be deleted and this does not mean immediately closing the thread and giving people ban.
Rules, rules … but how old and wide the world is … topics about windows and linux always cause weird exchanges and you need to have thick skin and not go to extremes. It is also normal that sometimes the conversation breaks a little from the heart of the matter … let’s not act like a penal colony for God’s sake !!!

The level of discussion should be maintained but without exaggeration where everything must be absolutely to the millimeter or bullet in the head.

2 Likes

Does shit not flow two ways? I saw you shitting on the Radeon VII thread the other day for no valid reason. It was not even a good joke, it was below low effort so… Glass houses or some shit?

1 Like

Its always the same people causing problems. Not really acceptable behaviour.

@FaunCB I know how you feel as the same happened to me.

The thing people need to remember is a thread doesn’t necessarily exist so you can throw in the x is better side taking. A thread can be about one thing and you can always make another thread about what you want to talk about.

You don’t let people come into your conversation in person, stir it up and cause disruption with irrelevant bull and then expect them not to kick you out . If you wouldn’t do it in person why would you do it here? There’s plenty of space to discuss things without derailing someone else’s topic.

• Consider the intentions of the topic
  • Consider what the OP wants to discuss
  • Consider how your reply will affect the topic and if it has good intentions in line with the actual discussion.
  • Remember you can always make new threads to discuss other points.
2 Likes