I don't eat fish. Where to start?

Canned Tuna mixed with mayo and relish (Tunafish sandwich)
Frozen Fishsticks cooked and smothered in Ketchup
Isn’t Calamari squid?
King Crab legs are good but are 10 bucks in the states (frozen) and that was a few years ago.

Growing up on Long Island I used to go clamming in the Great South Bay. I would work all day and get 35 bucks for a bag of 500 clams

1 Like

Nope

I don’t like processed foods. I rather buy the fillet and fishstick it myself.

I have never seen fresh crab meat in my life… Only the crab rolls, that afaik ain’t crab at all…

1 Like

FERMENTED HERRING

I said I want to try fish cause I already dont really like it…
You don’t need to gross me away…

1 Like

Lol ok start small, salmon might be pricey but hey you don’t need tons of it:

2 Likes

Halibut

Orange Roughy

I didn’t open this thread for a while because I thought it was a play on the distro choosing threads >_>

2 Likes

I did some googling cause my favorite fish is available everywhere here. It seems it is not exported at all so your welcome to come to Australia and eat fish :slight_smile:

http://fishesofaustralia.net.au/home/species/3260

I have never really wondered about what meat is only local and Cows, Pigs etc are everywhere. Not something I put thought into.

1 Like

Dafak?

this thread stinks!

2 Likes

cod*  

i mean haddock is used but fish and chips is mostly cod

Not really where I’m from, at least.

hmmm

1 Like

I don’t eat fish and even I know Fish and chips can be made using multiple types of fish…

The fish store was closed. So I had to get what I could…
So I got 2 pack… Not the rapper…

The eyes are clear and the label says it’s cought 2 days ago. Since the eyes are clear I am willing to believe it.

1 Like

i hope you enjoy whatever you make

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Carrots and leeks, thyme, rosemary, celery, with a filet of trout, in a baking sheet pouch with some white wine and baking…
I have another fillet, and if the first one don’t turn out well I will just pan fry the other one.

5 Likes

That looks and smells delicious…

3 Likes

Ok, it’s kinda bland…
The fish itself…
It needs more help to develop flavor, and steaming it in white wine with leaks and carrots ain’t enough…
I have another one and tomorrow I’ll try something else. I’ll make tomato salsa and will bake the fish with herbs and breadcrumbs…
Maybe actually baking it will deliver more flavorful meat.

The good news is it doesn’t smell fishy. It still have its fish taste, but that is to be accepted when you eat fish.

4 Likes

Baked and marinated salmon is good. Also fried stuff too. Cod is alright baked and marinated. That is about all I eat in terms of fish. Now I stay away from sushi. It is raw and can give you parasites.

What I do is marinate it in some kind of salad dressing. Such as Caesar dressing or italian dressing.

1 Like