How do you all come up with ideas / things to tinker with?

Simple… I try to do what I would like to use…
When I was tinkering with game development I was trying to make games I wanted to play. Now that I want to try some software development - I am trying to make software that I would like to exist so I can use it.
Everything I do is teaching me something. The thing is I am not cut for a developer, but I am stubborn and I don’t learn that particlular lesson…

As a married dude, my wife complains about something… and i think if will be fun to solve it or if i actually need to hire someone to do it.

I didn’t like to tinker with house stuff before being married because i would do something really fucking ugly and sketchy and would stay that way forever, but if i make something ugly she will just throw it away and hire someone to do it, so she keeps me in check and is really nice.

My current project is solving the mess that is my CD collection

4 Likes

This is what a few members of the forum already do. You’d be surprised what cool things you’ll find on some of these pseudo-blogs.

There are a lot of stuff popping up on the forum that puts me in “I want to learn more” mode. This exposes one to new environments, so one can get new ideas for stuff. You don’t have to try and do everything that comes up, but you can study, do some reading, get a general idea and it’s enough to maintain a healthy level of cerebral activity exercise.

I like personal blogs the best.

9 Likes

Sometimes, it comes from a need. Other times, it’s because you just need a creative outlet. Mine is a bit of both :slight_smile:

2 Likes