Home surveillance systems

Hopefully it's not some metric torx here in the states there are a wide range of sizes and are used for everything from holding brake calipers on cars to security screws in electronics (tamper proof torx)

1 Like

I will have to see , fingers crossed.

1 Like

Trendnet tech support helped me fix one thing...:) Which is the blurry image, I just had to adjust the exposure. No more blurry figures at night for now lol.

The easy out tool method seems like it would damage the camera more than anything. I will try the duct tape method first.

P.S. I am also getting a replacement for my PoE switch since the switch is acting weird , turning off at times and loosing signal. One of my cams stopped recording at 3Am and then resumed recording at around 5 pm. At the moment, only one camera is on the network. Not happy at all. (this is the switch, hopefully replacement works)

1 Like

Agreed......totally a last resort.in fact I'd skip the easy out and go directly to a drill bit and drill the head off the screw, remove the other two, then use a pair of pliers to remove the rest of the screw after the cover is off.

Hopefully you are not exceeding the PoE pool (total pool of current (wattage) available) I doubt that is the case but PoE switches come in lots of varieties that spread the total pool in different ways, it's one of the reasons I bought big managed switches I have more PoE ports then I should ever use between the two switches but my total pool per switch is over 300w, I think the bigger of the two has a pool of 380w and the smaller one is around 300w with the average PoE IP camera pulling less than 10w I have a huge margin or pool to play with....but with 18 cameras running I'm pulling well over 100w of PoE power but spread across two switches you never want to get very close to the maximum wattage of any device (just like a computer PSU) you want a margin to play with, that keeps heat down and the device living a good long time.

1 Like

Interesting item.......I can see facial recognition coming to home surveillance systems in the very near future, this is the type of item that needs to ONVIF compliant so it can be integrated into existing systems with a software patch.

1 Like

I don't think I am exceeding limit since the switch worked well for a day .

In fact it is working atm.

1 Like

My driveway camera keeps recording continuously even though there is no motion. I have already set up areas if exclusion. Atm, the camera recording 100 GB of footage each day...
In the playback menu, I don't even see any motion highlighted with a box like other motions on other cameras.

Replacement switch arrived.
The dome cameras use 5 watts max X2
the bullet use 5 watts max as well X2
So only ~20W max required for all 4 cameras.
The advertisement for the switch says:
Up to 15w per port and up to 53 w total for all 4 ports.
Should have no problem with power.

1 Like

Reset the camera back to factory (write down all your stuff first like the MAC and the IP, login, etc) then try to set it up again if it isn't detecting motion at the camera level and it isn't turned on in the monitoring side of things.....it might be defective, that's very weird.

1 Like

Reset in browser? This is also thecamera with the stripped screw :(. I will try that out thanks

1 Like

What model Trendnet dome is it?

1 Like

Ip 311 trendnet

Just reset the camera

I am going to try an exposure of 1/6. 1/12 starts to get more distorted.

http://downloads.trendnet.com/TV-IP311PI/Manuals/UG_TV-IP311PI(v1.0R)_V1.0.pdf

Look at page 3 it shows where the reset button is, but unfortunately you have to have the cover off...

1 Like

I just reset the camera using the browser settings.

1 Like

That may or may not do the trick, it's weird that it is doing that but you'll need a much bigger HD if it keeps that up.lol

1 Like

The camera is acting a bit weird right now. The video feed suddenly got brighter for no reason . exposure set to 1/3 already .
This could be triggering the motion

1 Like

Yup....mine will trigger a event when the sun goes behind a cloud if the camera is at the right angle, but always trigger every one at dusk and at dawn when the IR comes on and goes off.

1 Like

Yea, must be the IR adjusting causing a difference in the color of pixels causing the software to detect change and then recording

1 Like

Probably won't help but here's my settings for the TV-IP321 dome I'm using.

1 Like