Home surveillance systems

Look at all of these spider webs,,,,,,,it's been about 4 days since they were all cleaned off.

I'm trying to find a screen capture program for Linux that I like.....I don't think this is gonna' be it...lol

1 Like

I am kind of tempted to return the switch and just get a trendnet NVR. Seems like it would be most stable.
TRENDnet 8-Channel 1080p HD PoE Plus NVR, 8-TB Storage, TV-NVR208 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DUL91TG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NqSgyb98FQ3PY

1 Like

Images aren't displaying correctly for me. I will try to view again tomorrow.
Thanks though

1 Like

I am getting an RMA since the tech support recommended that. Time to pry the camera off... Hopefully the duct tape method works lol

Do you recommend just getting a trendnet nvr instead of using my computer to record? The switch doesnt seem super reliable at times.

1 Like

If it doesn't and you have a drill and a bit just drill the head off the screw so it doesn't mess up your soffit, your getting a RMA so they already know it's defective.

Your call I really can't advise you since I have never used one, but it would be simpler, the switch.....if you replace it again just get a Netgear switch I think you will be happier.

1 Like

I got the camera off. I think I will just exchange the camera at the store I purchased it from and get a bullet instead.

RMA, I have to pay for shipping and wait it probably long.

I will probably return the switch and get a new switch or an nvr..

1 Like

So the NVR supplies PoE power also, like I said never used one.

1 Like

I got a new switch from Trendnet: http://www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail.asp?prod=155_TPE-S44
seems to be working. So still using the PC to record motion.
I also exchanged the dome camera for a new one. (the one that was recording 100GB a day, and the stripped screw one lol).
Will install this week and see.

1 Like

Good luck........let me know how it goes.

1 Like

So far the switch is working. The recording software picks up motion when there is light , mostly my front lawn( pretty big).This might be why the recordings are increasing by 100gb a day.
Should I deselect all grass areas and bush areas to prevent accidental recordings and just keep my pathways and enterance area deselected so motion can be recorded?

1 Like

Yup.....you will have to define the area where you really care about seeing what is going on.

1 Like

Is the glare?
@Blanger
This camera seems to be the one recording the most footage. At night it seems as though the motion detection is detecting some debris (maybe tiny leaves) falling

The other cameras are also detecting motion when the sun is changing position. Like my metal table outside is triggering motion.
I am going to install the last camera now.

The switch seems to be working these few days, just the camera (in the pic) disconnected for some reason at night at 11:50pm.

1 Like

Looks like something on the lens, have you tried cleaning the lens with a soft cloth? if it persistent it could be glare and you can find out real quick by changing the camera angle, if it moves with the camera it's on the lens, if it moves to a different location in the view or disappears it's glare.

I would look at turning down the sensitivity, not really sure how you do that but false triggers from the sun going behind clouds then reappearing is normal and prolly not avoidable.

So these are all bullet cams?

1 Like

I think it is glare. The lines just moved.

I will also turn down sensitivity.
2 dome and 2 bullet

1 Like

Was that a dome camera?

1 Like

The picture was from a bullet camera

1 Like

K....odd behavior but I'm prolly not super sensitive to the events I record, too many spider webs to get glare...lol

1 Like

I think the trendnet software is also a bit messed up.
My footage size on drive gets larger, however, between yesterday at 10 pm to around 7 am I couldnt view the footage. I know the software was recording motion since the footage file size increased.

Or maybe I fooled around with sensitiviy too much lol
ALll four cameras are connected to the switch and viewable tho

1 Like

LOL....yeah maybe, I wish I could help you with the software but I only use it for testing, at least it's all working, I would advise that you test out other software when you get the chance you may find something that is easier or better for your application.

1 Like

I might have to use zone minder. The reply in trendnet is also a bit messy. There's no visual calendar to view footage

1 Like