Holiday Gift Ideas

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172242575326?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

This may be the less expensive route. Then you just find the appropriate tubes and go from there

1 Like

Or the cool version made from:
https://www.amazon.com/Bangerdei-LED-MAX7219-Matrix-Module/dp/B01HZ63BC0/ref=sr_1_8
and:

and:

Thanks, I might give this a try… also, the link for the ifixit tool kit is the old kit. This link is for the new kit. I couldn’t find it on amazon except through 3rd party sellers
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Pro-Tech-Toolkit/IF145-307

Fun but useful presents. Well I think things that help you improve your memory, listening skills, and reaction time are definitely things worth having and the following are some things I recommend:

Bop It toys … I look forward to going into toy stores to see what new one they came up with next. The one shown below is my favorite.

Simon toys … with the newest one being the Simon Air!

There are mini versions of some of the Bop It and Simon toys and the pricing for all of these whether large or small are honestly cheaper than they should be.

Merry Christmas everyone!

You don’t need a bop it to, pull it, twist it, jerk it.

1 Like

Pretty much the only thing on my Christmas list
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7CH6FK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KE1MJRDTDO9P

i’m still going why ifixit uses a smooth screwdriver instead of the standard grip you see in kits like this one…well more like any other screwdriver

my protech toolkit is collecting dust due to that annoyance :frowning:

I SOOOO Want one of these. Just imagine being the hero busting this sucker out of your pocket at a LAN or something.

Love those Nixie clocks, convinced my Miss’s to buy me a kit for Xmas from PV Electronics in the UK. Should be fun assembling it in my days off coming up. They had some OK ‘winter deals’ someone hear might find good.

My wallet ran away (screaming), and my savings account changed it password

My wallet is silent again

I got an awesome Gift idea. The ultimate nerd gift.
A small cross section of undersea internet cable. Maby 5-10 cm long.
Framed and put on a wall.


Because putting opened HDDs on your wall is to boring

I Need it

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b5/b5b751e1332e32685063387b50636502158b2157ec78f4cbf733248c79cac4ad.jpg

I just need one small part of this. A tiny tiny part. They would not even notice

cable

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/incoming/article4333260.ece/alternates/s615/jdr-cables-limited-793497851.jpg

apparently it costs 400 € per feet (30,48 cm in non retarded)
I’m serious. I want one. I will try to find something online, but i doubt it.
if i’m bored i will find companies who produce that and i will ask for a part.
And if there are in Germany, Netherlands, France etc., i will also drive around the country and pick it up directly.

1 Like

Just ordered this for my mother for Christmas, can’t seem to find the one @wendell mentioned in the UK but this one looks pretty good.

https://www.theteamakers.co.uk/TTMGSPD.html?mkwid=s&crid=83981413045&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&pdv=c&gclid=CPva2uio-9ACFUcQ0wodM0MG_A

My local coffeeshop chain has similar glasses, which they use for hot and iced tea. They insulate so well you gotta watch out not to burn your mouth because you keep forgetting about the temperature. I like them :slight_smile:

1 Like

i like this for making loose leaf tea

http://www.teavana.com/us/en/teaware/tea-makers/teavana-32-oz-perfectea-maker-011034886.html?navid=tea-makers&start=1

Give your fellow Level1tech forum member a Christmas hat against his will…

you need a teapot where you can control the temperature of the water going in. The Cuisnart thing someone linked on YT is brilliant.. has the buttons for setting it. I just did temperature control with time. e.g. 1 min after boiling, just before boiling, etc.
is this glass or plastic also? much prefer glass.

also prefer manual control of steeping time.

i don’t think you understand how it works. The black stand might be what is causing confusion. There is no heating, you put the water in at the temp you want, and you control when you put the tea out.

Basically, think of it as a single serving tea pot. Basically you put the tea in, pour the hot water in, then when its ready you place it ontop of your tea mug, the top of the tea mug presses the bottom of the tea maker up, which releases the tea into the mug.

It is plastic, which is pretty meh.

1 Like

those damn gifs lol thx.. I had a similar thing from lipton-- it only had a “drain slow” and “drain fast” option. It wasn’t very good and from the gif it looked like the same setup. sounds better tho

these