Holiday Gift Ideas

Fucking do it.

1 Like

i can't, i need to save some money for ryzen! :D

Who doesn't?

1 Like

Physics of Superheroes is a great read. A good purchase for comic book and science nerds.

1 Like
5 Likes

I have a CyberTool and let me tell you, life is a completely different experience when you have a screwdriver on your person at all times. Mine (Cybertool Lite) came with a cheap leather holster that your belt gets threaded through. It's really uncomfortable in a pocket, but it's basically become part of my body with the holder. So the size isn't an absolute dealbreaker, unless you don't like belts or something.

The Gerber Center-Drive is much better than the Leatherman Skeletool or Wave. It's also made in the United States (Portland, OR). However, it's more expensive than the Skeletool and currently out of stock at Amazon. MidwayUSA has stock though.

For prosperity you should get an English person to chip in to the teapot video.

A good AAA Flashlight is so damn handy to have and weight less than once. Martec and Olight both make great ones.

Thermal underwear. Keeps you warm and doesn't add much weight. Can be used as PJs

Chocolate because chocolate is amazing.

Scotch, because scotch is great.

2 Likes

The center drive weights much more the skeletool and the knife is not as nice either.

Depends on needs really.

hey, i recognize that

1 Like

USB rubber ducky
Amazon echo

Seeing that,"Ignorance is bliss"......

I do like the jug. Also, I'm one of the 2%'ers, maybe that's why.

Is there a link for where to pick up the nixie tube clock?

I am not sure where it came from! There are some similar ones on Amazon the https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Nixie-Tube-Clock-Kit/dp/B00RZBTUY4 for example.

for such ancient tech I would've thought it'd be cheaper... time to start saving

God damn that thing is expensive

I really really want to build this
I mean, how cool is that....
But you can't buy it. I don't own a 3d-printer. I have no modelmaking experience.
And i don't know how to get started. I have some time during Christmas Holidays.
Maby i get an idea how to start. Were to get/borrow/use whatever an 3D- Printer.

And also how cool would it be, if that thing would have a camera and could track faces and adjust itself to your movement in your room.
And also Voice assistant.. Can i build my own voice assistent? Because i like my privacy to be honest.
I could also build a timer, clock, phone whatever into it (synced with phone or something like that).

But i don't know how. I'm dreaming of course.
I mean i cant even pass the 1. Semester in electrotechnic at the university. Mainly because i'm lazy as fuck and cant change it. Also i hate math. No experience in anything yet. At least not practical.
Ahh.. Christmas. Lovely depression time.

2 Likes

Where is the nixie clock kit?
There is only a normal clock kit. Thats boring. i want nixie tubes.